Buyer & Seller Feedback This thread is the place to put Buyer or Seller feedback. Be sure to CHECK THE RULES before you post!

QS442 not so great to deal with

Search this Thread

Old September 13th, 2016, 07:52 AM

QS442 not so great to deal with

So on Aug 17th I messaged QS442 about the .030 over pistons with rods he had for sale in the classifieds, new silv-o-lite 1631-030 pistons, rods and rod bearings, new, just fitted in block and decided to go a different direction with build. I bought and payed PayPal Aug. 18th, he acknowledged payment and said he would give me tracking number when he ships, on Aug 26th and 29th I messaged him asking for a tracking number, no replies back, I looked at his profile and see he had been online after I had sent messages, on aug 31st he messaged me tracking numbers, he was shipping in 2 boxes, 4 pistons and rods in each box, I checked tracking numbers a few times and it says no information, check back later, it finally comes on Sept 6th, I put them on the bench in the shop, Saturday night when I opened the boxes I will say they were wrapped nicely in bubble wrap and well protected, as we where checking piston size we came across a piston that was way out of spec at the skirt. 7 ranged 4.152-4.153 and 1 piston is 4.169 at skirt, it looks as if someone held the rod and shook piston back and forth hitting skirt on the rod, bending the skirt and leaving nics inside. The way they were wrapped there is no way it's is from shipping. I sent a message to QS442 on Sunday and haven't heard anything back yet. I guess I'll send another and then will contact paypal. Poor communication on his end, I let you a know how it turns out
Old September 13th, 2016, 02:27 PM

Dude, this is the way this gets handled? You just sent me a msg on Sunday and I just saw today (tues).To start, YES you did Paypal me on August 18th, however your wife's acct sent me an E-Check. Don't know if you are aware that sellers don't receive payment that day with an E-check. It took almost a week for funds to clear. Paypal clearly states to wait until funds are available before shipping. When I got confirmation I shipped. IIRC, I got email on Friday that money was secure and I shipped on Tues. YES, you did ask for a tracking number and I informed you about the e-check clearing and I provided tracking number and it was after I received Paypal confirmation. YES I took 3-4 days (was this too long??) to ship pistons and rods securely and packaged well in 2 separate boxes and you stated that YES the pistons were shipped "nicely". Were you expecting shipments to be at your house the next day? I shipped from DE on 8/31 and they arrived to you on 9/6 in WI (that's across the country man). Please inform me what I did wrong here?

Now for the pistons, I apologize about the one piston not being within spec and hopefully we can iron this out. I had no idea about the piston. What I stated in ad was true and the ad, info and pics are still up. I just got a 455 built, I purchased these pistons for my build. I went with some performance pistons instead with the idea of upgrading my heads later in life so my build direction went from stockish 455 to more of a performance build. I took the pistons and rods from my builder, took pics, put ad up and sold them. No one did what your opinion states regarding the out of spec piston. So nothing in ad was dishonest nor wrong. I was asking $300 shipped for the pistons, rods and bearings but sold them to you for $250 shipped taking the huge retail lost. Honestly, I was mad at myself for selling so cheap after I bought packaging and paid for shipping but I figured I was helping an olds guy out. I have been selling on here, realoldspower, gbody, maliburacing, ebay, turbobuick, impalassforum, montecarloss, gmbbodyforum for years with great feedback, so hopefully we can resolve this within reasonable reason.

Last edited by QS442; September 13th, 2016 at 02:39 PM.
Old September 13th, 2016, 07:34 PM

First off, thank you for the reply, it says alot. I posted what I did because I felt communication wasn't the best when I bought them, and I really didn't think it was going to well this time, when I have the money in my hand for an item I ship it that day, I don't wait a few days, echeck, money order or whatever payment they me, but that's just how I do it. I just described how piston damage looked, I didn't accuse anyone of anything, anyway, it's all water under the bridge, I hope we can iron it out too, I can send you the bent piston back if you want so you can see I'm not bullshi**ing you, I ordered a new piston from summit that should be here on friday and I'll get old pressed off rod and new pressed on
Old September 14th, 2016, 07:57 AM

I don't need the piston. If you say it's damaged, then I will take your word for it. How much was the replacement piston from Summit?
Old September 14th, 2016, 09:25 AM

I would like to just mention:

I made a large and expensive purchase from QS442. I drove to him to check out and purchase a complete low mileage rebuilt 403, and a rebuilt top end for it. Upon my inspection it seemed good, I purchased it for a "significant" but reasonable price.

Upon disassembly at home I found significant rust in a cylinder. which no one could have known about until pulling the heads off. My machinist was almost certain he could hone it out. QS442 was made aware of the situation and he offered to cover the cost of the hone. He sent me a western union money order to remedy the situation.

Mind you, I inspected the parts before taking them home. Sale of these parts are expected AS-IS, especially once you physically inspect them. However after digging deeper than I could at his home, and finding more damage, he stepped up to the plate and MADE IT RIGHT.

I consider him a stand up guy and would absolutely purchase from him again. Almond900, I am sure he will do right by you.
Old September 14th, 2016, 05:43 PM

The piston was $59.97 thought summit and $9.95 shipping, it's getting drop shipped from k/b, I guess summit doesn't carry individual pistons. I have the receipt if you need me to email it to you,
Old September 14th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Hookers under Hood

You are a fairly new member here Almond900. I would have emailed or sent a PM rather than posting a rant here with a not so great to deal with QS442.
Not cool at all!!
Jus sayin'
Old September 14th, 2016, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by 76olds
You are a fairly new member here Almond900. I would have emailed or sent a PM rather than posting a rant here with a not so great to deal with QS442.
Not cool at all!!
Jus sayin'
I did send PM's before I posted, read the post before you judge.
Just sayin'
Old September 14th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Hookers under Hood

I read the post. Sounds to me like the E-CHECK was the hold up NO?. Maybe he didn't see your PM when he was logged in a few days after.
I guess your happy with your rant over a used piston.
Old September 14th, 2016, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by 76olds
I read the post. Sounds to me like the E-CHECK was the hold up NO?. Maybe he didn't see your PM when he was logged in a few days after.
I guess your happy with your rant over a used piston.

Again, read the post, or the original ad, says new never run pistons, not used pistons.

And he's being stand up and offering to iron something out, not sure how's it's your business, I'm pretty sure your not involved.. isn't the purpose of a feedback thread to let others know how a transaction goes? I didn't think it was for others to voice their opinion on something they aren't involved in
Old September 14th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Hookers under Hood

anuff said
Old September 15th, 2016, 05:36 PM

I am offering to cover half of the piston cost, so how does refunding you $35 sound?
Old September 15th, 2016, 06:47 PM

Sure, I'm good with that
Old September 18th, 2016, 08:19 AM
My 73HO

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-omega-sx.html

Great transaction! Stands up guy.
My son still loving his Omega!!!
Old September 20th, 2016, 07:07 PM

Thanks for the good feedback guys. Hurstolds1973, I think about the Omega all the time! Glad your son is still enjoying it.

Hopefully, almond900 changes his thoughts regarding the feedback giving since I refunded half of the replacement piston cost.
Old September 21st, 2016, 05:03 AM

Thank you QS442, everything worked out well