Buyer & Seller Feedback This thread is the place to put Buyer or Seller feedback. Be sure to CHECK THE RULES before you post!

Nick Zripko

Old April 13th, 2017, 06:19 AM

Nick Zripko

Has anyone bought any parts from this person, Nick Zripko? Saw some posts from him on another site. He seems to have decent parts from the pictures he sent me. I'm a little hesitant because he does not have a PayPal account. I just hate to send money without some kind of assurance.

Just checking to see if anyone has any experience buying parts from him.

Thanks to all,

John
Old April 13th, 2017, 07:37 AM

I recognize the name & have probably sold parts to him but I can't remember anything else sorry.
Old April 13th, 2017, 07:52 AM

John, I wouldn't send money to this person for parts unless he has a way of processing your credit car or has a PayPal account. Can you meet him in person and pick up your parts? It isn't that hard to get a PayPal account, I'm a total NOOB to doing business on E-bay and I have a PayPal account.
Old April 13th, 2017, 08:09 AM

I think a USPS money order could provide some security. If he didn't follow through you could report it as mail fraud and I think the Post Office might enforce that. It would still be a headache to deal with though.

Olds64, I use paypal and am comfortable with it. But I know there's a couple member here who sell a lot of parts and choose to not use paypal.
Old April 13th, 2017, 08:46 AM

Nick has advertised parts on 442.com for years and years. He's in Clinton, NJ if I remember correctly. I've exchanged emails with him several times but never bought anything since I was looking for some very specific, very hard to find parts. I don't think I've ever seen him pop up on any of the other forums.

I'd guess he's just old school. I have several other Olds buddies like that and I end up doing their online buying/selling transactions for them with my Ebay and Paypal accounts...

Terry
Old April 13th, 2017, 06:32 PM

John,
I bought a repro 442 air cleaner base from him a couple of months ago and had no issues. I also talked to a fellow member on this forum and he knew of him and said he was legit.
It did take a few days for him to ship the base after he received my money order but I think the weather was bad in his area at the time.

Nick is a member on this site too. (442crzy)

Last edited by Cincinnati Rick; April 13th, 2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old April 14th, 2017, 05:22 AM

I had good dealings with Nick back 15 years ago also met him in person @ the Merrick, NY show, he's legit.
Old April 14th, 2017, 05:58 AM

Hi John,
I have been selling parts for a very long time and I always utilized US post office money orders and never had a problem or issue. Yes I will have to admit I am old school! I always felt this was the safest way to do business for both the buyer and the seller. But I now am seeing guys want to only purchase thru Paypal, so I am setting up an account to accommodate the Paypal crowd. I should be ready to accept paypal in a day or so, so if you want to do business this way John, it's your call. I believe paypal charges fees for transactions? I'm real new to it so please excuse my ignorance, thanks, nick.
Old April 14th, 2017, 07:43 AM
Olds Fever

Originally Posted by 2blu442
I think a USPS money order could provide some security. If he didn't follow through you could report it as mail fraud and I think the Post Office might enforce that. It would still be a headache to deal with though.

Olds64, I use paypal and am comfortable with it. But I know there's a couple member here who sell a lot of parts and choose to not use paypal.
Originally Posted by 442crzy
Hi John,
I have been selling parts for a very long time and I always utilized US post office money orders and never had a problem or issue. Yes I will have to admit I am old school! I always felt this was the safest way to do business for both the buyer and the seller. But I now am seeing guys want to only purchase thru Paypal, so I am setting up an account to accommodate the Paypal crowd. I should be ready to accept paypal in a day or so, so if you want to do business this way John, it's your call. I believe paypal charges fees for transactions? I'm real new to it so please excuse my ignorance, thanks, nick.
I am one of those old school type sellers... Tried PayPal in the past and didn't like the fees or the fact they could hold your money until the buyer was satisfied... I strictly use USPS Money Orders for payment and have never had an issue... When sending money orders, it is always good to try and know as much about the seller as possible, or take a leap of faith... My principle reason for only accepting money orders for payment is that I can instantly cash the money order and send the package simultaneously at any US Post Office... However, what's best for one person isn't always the same for another...
Old April 14th, 2017, 08:20 AM

Ive done a few deals with nick, he is a nice guy and a good guy to deal with. You wont have any problems buying from him. Brandon
Old April 29th, 2017, 01:20 PM

Just finished a deal with Nick. Sent usps money order and got my parts as described and well packaged. There was a small unimportant defect that he noticed before sending my parts and contacted me to see if I was ok with it.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 09:32 AM

Thanks to everyone who responded here.

So I did send Nick a money order and received the parts. The MO was not USPS as there is not a post office near me. I don't know a whole lot about USPS MO's, but I always thought one MO is just as good as another. Especially since I sent a Western Union MO. I did receive the parts and they are in great shape and are what I needed. The problem is that it took about a month for me to receive the parts. After this transaction I will NEVER buy anything from anyone who does not take PayPal. The money is instantly sent. The person receiving the money can transfer the money to their bank account whenever they want and you don't even have to leave the house!! As far as the fees PayPal charges, you can either send money to a friend or family member and there are no fees. I and I'm sure others will agree, would have been happy to pay the fees if need be.

For those of you "old school" folks. "This is the 21st century, embrace it like the rest of us do and get a PayPal account!"

I'll say it again, I will NEVER buy anything from anyone who does not have a PayPal account!

Let me climb down off my soapbox now,

John
Old June 2nd, 2017, 09:54 AM

John, I'm glad you got your parts and that they were in good condition. I'm sure it was stressful waiting on the shipping.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 03:37 PM
Olds Fever

Originally Posted by friesjh
Thanks to everyone who responded here.

So I did send Nick a money order and received the parts. The MO was not USPS as there is not a post office near me. I don't know a whole lot about USPS MO's, but I always thought one MO is just as good as another. Especially since I sent a Western Union MO. I did receive the parts and they are in great shape and are what I needed. The problem is that it took about a month for me to receive the parts. After this transaction I will NEVER buy anything from anyone who does not take PayPal. The money is instantly sent. The person receiving the money can transfer the money to their bank account whenever they want and you don't even have to leave the house!! As far as the fees PayPal charges, you can either send money to a friend or family member and there are no fees. I and I'm sure others will agree, would have been happy to pay the fees if need be.

For those of you "old school" folks. "This is the 21st century, embrace it like the rest of us do and get a PayPal account!"

I'll say it again, I will NEVER buy anything from anyone who does not have a PayPal account!

Let me climb down off my soapbox now,

John
Did you check with Nick and are in fact sure the delay in shipping was a result of the money order and not just another unforeseen reason on Nick's behalf???
I do (and will continue) to accept money orders as payment for parts etc... I have never had any long delays using this process... Today I shipped a parts catalogs after receiving a money order for payment which was sent three days ago and the buyer will have his manual tomorrow... Total process only took five days... I can't recall any of my transactions (and I have had many) taking more then 10 days total, actually 5/10 days depending where in the country the buyer was located...
That being said, glad you received the parts you needed in good condition, but truly believe the money order versus PayPal issue was not the total cause for the long shipping period...
Old June 2nd, 2017, 05:41 PM

Nick seems to have access to a vast array of parts so it may take time to put hands on or remove some items. Instant gratification is great but if you want hard to find things sometimes it takes time. I offer to pay fees occasionally on PayPal but if the seller wants Money Order, I get one. It is what it is. One thing I can say for sure, so far I never received a damaged part from a CO member. EBay on the other hand😤
Old June 3rd, 2017, 06:39 AM

I totally agree on the PayPal issue. No PayPal, no purchase of parts for me. It's just not worth the stress. I get some are old school and don't want to use PP. As far as filing a claim for mail fraud on a Postal Money Order. Just don't have the time for that. There are only two reasons for not having a PP account--old school and don't want to mess with it, or the risk of having PP come back at a person for failure to deliver or misrepresented parts is real. As far as using family and friends to avoid fees from PP, keep in mind, you do not get the protection of being able to get PP to pull the funds from the seller for failure to deliver or misrepresent. I offer to pay the PP fees and use the business side of PP--never family and friends. Just my two cents after a horrendous deal with an Olds guy who will remain nameless.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 07:16 AM

I'll throw in my two cents worth. I have sold thousands of parts and almost everybody uses PayPal but if they want to send cash check or money order I am good with about any payment method. You are right about the lack of protection if you use the friends and family option on PayPal. I don't ask people to do that but if they offer it to save me the PayPal fees I won't say no. I always offer a 100% money back guarantee on anything I do or sell and I strive to keep a good reputation. Not everything is 100% perfect all the time but when there have been issues I have made them good with the customer. Like we have all heard many times I try to treat people the way I want to be treated.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 07:27 AM

If I can add, a small point. I have never had an issue with anyone from ClassicOlds. Never. Parts have always been shipped well and clearly represented. My goodness even if something got through the cracks and a deal went sideways, the advise and input I get from ClassicOlds is worth 100's of times what I pay for parts here. Thank you ClassicOlds!
Old June 4th, 2017, 05:35 AM

OK just my two cents! Nick is a good guy and he has a lot of parts. No problems and I have bought parts from him. He is a little old school with the MO thing but thats not a bad thing!!

Next issue:
Had problems with two people on CO. One guy in Washington or Oregon. Bought a few items and some hub caps. Sent them in a flat rate box no packing! Sent him a note and he did send me 4 more hub caps and another part the same way. No packing! 8 hub caps none of the 8 were usable.

Second issue:
Bought 2 horns for my 63 cutlass. Only one worked. He said they worked when shipped! So some how one stopped working in shipment. Had problems before with him and he was banned on CO but is back in business. My bad for using him again! He did offer a refund and a very nasty email back but I need working horn so one is better than none!
So for now buyer beware. Both did try to make things right with a half A try. Should have never used either guy but the parts are hard to come by so I took a shot.
Old August 22nd, 2020, 02:32 AM
O'smobile

I will never understand how someone can sell thousands of dollars worth of parts then send them to be crushed without packing. I got a T56 sent to me and the input shaft was coming out the box. It had been dropped on it's side and had no packing to keep it together. The seller tried to convince me the trans was bullet proof. I looked at the stamped circular hole from the shaft cutting through the box and was like 'no thank you.' It took forever but I got a replacement finally.
Old August 22nd, 2020, 05:43 AM

I have bought many parts from Nick and always paid using Paypal. The parts were good, shipping a little slow. He also was able to answer many questions I had when I first got my Cutlass. Maybe he has closed his account?

Steve
Old August 22nd, 2020, 07:04 AM

442crzy is what Nick goes by here on CO. As far as I know he's still in business?
I have bought some stuff from Nick in the past. His description of parts are accurate, fair pricing and his shipping is pretty quick.
Old August 22nd, 2020, 09:25 AM

Yes I am in business, never stopped, and I do accept PayPal and US post office money orders, thank you to all who have purchased from me in the past! I have met a lot of great car guys thru this site, thanks again!
Old August 22nd, 2020, 09:56 AM

Yes I am in business, never stopped, and I do accept PayPal and US post office money orders, thank you to all who have purchased from me in the past! I have met a lot of great car guys thru this site, thanks again!
Yep, Nicks a stand up guy
Old August 23rd, 2020, 07:24 AM

I always see you at Englishtown, NJ swap meet and met you once in Clifton, NJ Walmart parking lot. Are you going to be at the Englishtown Fall swap meet?
Old August 23rd, 2020, 07:57 AM
Randy C.

I bought a 292 coil and bracket from Nick within the last 6 months or so. Worked great...no problems...I'd buy from him again if he had a part I needed.

Randy C.
Old September 4th, 2020, 12:13 PM

Just received Body Side Molding from Nick today. Packing and shipping was A1. Molding in great shape. I'd deal with him again.