Buyer & Seller Feedback This thread is the place to put Buyer or Seller feedback. Be sure to CHECK THE RULES before you post!

Kudos to Parts Place Inc.

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2018, 05:20 PM
'72 Cutlass ragtop

Kudos to Parts Place Inc.

Replacing my '72 Cutlass convertible top and decided to install all new operating equipment with it - everything was at least 20 years old from the prior resto and starting to show its age.

In short - recently bought a new top motor from Parts Place's Ebay site, which turned out yesterday to be bad out of the box. Old top already off the car at this point. Threatened to set my shop's install work back at least 10 or more days if having to go thru normal return process.

I called the store even knowing Ebay site contact was supposed to be by email only (per their ads) and spoke at length to their store sales agent Danny - he ultimately escalated my situation directly to an Ebay department rep and got a full resolution to my problem within 2 hours.

PPI stepped up, promptly agreeing to full refund including return shipping so I could immediately get another motor more locally available (more expensive but worth the delay trade-off in this case) and have the car finished without further delay.

Had the newest pump shipped next day UPS to my shop, who got it today to finish the install.

I know many vendors get more bad press than good so thought I'd post this for anyone interested in sourcing parts from them.

scott

Last edited by 70sgeek; January 26th, 2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old January 27th, 2018, 04:01 AM

I don't quite understand. The Parts Place sells you a POS non working motor and you are happy with them?
Old January 27th, 2018, 07:42 AM
'72 Cutlass ragtop

Lemonade from lemons...

They don't manufacture the motors, just sell them. Could have happened from any vendor..

The fact that their store sales agent took my phone call when ad specifically states EBAY contact by email only, and was able to get their Ebay department to assist as quickly as they did with a full refund agreement, v. having to wait at least 24 hrs for an email response, then having to send the pump back for exchange with another thereafter to be sent by regular mail, to me is still a win.

Especially since their ads also state NO RETURN on electrical items, I'm pretty happy with PPI.