Purchasing Weathertech

Search this Thread

Old October 13th, 2010, 08:44 PM

Purchasing Weathertech

This will be my first purchase of car mats by the brand weathertech. I have heard good things from various customer reviews online and offline. I have ordered the set for my Bravada; though costly still.

Besides the guaranteed easy installation of the mats and some helpful installation notes for the mats on various places designated for the car;

Installation guide and details:
http://www.ultimatetruck.com/install...stallation.pdf

Are there things that I should know more about them weathertechs like interference on the pedals / cleaning issues or other things?

Any additional info are most welcome and most appreciated.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 04:10 PM

I'm planning on buying them Floor Liners for next year.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 04:24 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

I get these for every car I buy.
I had them for a '97 Blazer, which is the same as your Bravada.

There may or may not have been some interference between the front lips of the rear mats and the undersides of the front power seats, requiring trimming, but it was no big deal.

The only real problem isn't really a problem - places they don't cover pick up a lot of crap, most notably the transmission hump carpet just to the right of the gas pedal. There's no way they could have covered this area and still have had mats that could ship flat, but you'd be amazed at how much dirt and rock salt you find there in the spring. If the mats hadn't been there, the whole carpet would have looked like that.

I particularly recommend them for people who have small children or wives.
One mat can hold over a quart of liquid. You will see how valuable this quality is the first time you hear a high-pitched "Ooops" from the seat behind you. What would have been a screaming, seat-removing, sticky-till-the-day-you-sell-it disaster becomes a quick flip and rinse of the mat. Works just as well for those "Ummm, Honey..." moments (and it's amazing just how much coffee you can suck out of a car carpet with one of those rug steamers...).

They're worth their weight in gold, and cheaper than a carpet steamer.

- Eric
Old December 4th, 2010, 09:20 AM

I would buy Weathertech again in a heartbeat.Fit perfectly and a breeze to clean.I don't endorse too many products, but these are GOOD.
Old December 4th, 2010, 11:44 AM

I'm not sure if I've got that brand, as they came with my '92 Blazer a couple years ago, but they're lifesavers!
Carpet underneath looks brand new, but the 'carpet material' on top, has a hole warn in it!
Perfect fit - doesn't interfere with anything!!