2002 Bravada help!

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2007, 03:37 AM

Smile 2002 Bravada help!

I bought a 2002 Bravada NEW and have had the same ongoing problems for the last five years. Electrical issues - things work/don't work, light up/don't
light up. BUT the real problem all along has been the suspension. The air ride system (compressor in the rear) -- I am now on the 3rd one and they keep telling me that it's just a part that goes bad - I think it's the electrical path doing something and the dealer/GM says not. I am now fighting GM about the front end suspension which bangs and knocks especially when you go around corners and up small grades. Worse in cold weather and I have had this to NUMEROUS dealers and private garages and one local dealer says they "think we know now what's wrong and the bill will be between $2,000
and $4,000 and if this doesn't fix the problem we will keep looking." I ask then would I get the $$$ back and they said no. GM is now telling me that they will NOT fix this problem even though it has been documented for 5 years and I am no further than I was 5 years ago. I NEED HELP!
p.s. this is the same dealership that did NOT replace my ww wipers when they were recalled last year.......they fought with me for 9 months until I found out that there was indeed a recall and I reported them for wanting me to pay $500 to fix them...................
Old March 26th, 2007, 07:33 AM

Find another GM dealer. The front suspention knocking may be coming from the steering shaft, apparantly something that needs ot be lubricated very regularly. My 05 Silverado did what you are describing about a year after I had it...they replaced the shaft once, and then lubed it the second time I brought it back.

If a dealer is not honoring the recall you did the right thing by reporting them to GM. A good dealer will give you a survey after maintenance that gets turned into GM. Since you did not get service, I would go to the secretary and try to get them to just give you one. Submit it to GM, and see what happens.

Not much of a help, sorry.

John