67 68 Toro front disc brake rotors wanted

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2008, 05:09 AM

67 68 Toro front disc brake rotors wanted

Looking for front disc brake rotors for 67 68 Toronado's. The 69 and up models are different and will not fit. Looking for 6 pieces either new or excellent used. The rotors are vented cast iron, 11 1/4 in diameter, and the pad surface area is 2 in wide and 1 1/4 in thickness. I am told that the 67 68 Elorado cars will fit but have not determined that to be true or not..have to find one and measure it. If removing rotors from rusty hubs, a careful press application might be needed as the center bore has a slight taper to it and will probably be very tight. Care must be taken not to damage or warp the rotor during this removal phase. Some Toro cars have been converted to the later year brake system using the 69 set ups and knuckles so ensuring the rotors are the original design ones is also very important.
$300.00 REWARD FOR THE SUCCESSFUL LEAD IN SOURCING THESE ROTORS (payable on completion of satifactory transaction @ $50 per rotor found)
Old September 7th, 2008, 02:45 PM

Hello,

I have a front disc brake rotors removed from a 66 Toronado.
I don't found informations about front disc brake for 1966, but the 66 Toro who come this parts is little special : it's a test car for Michelin tyres.
I don't know more about this car, but I bought many parts from this car.
I don't sell this parts, it's for my next project.
But I can look on this parts if I can find some GM numbers, and take some measures.
Tell me if this can help you.

Francis
Old September 7th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Toro68

HI Olds guy
I do not have rotors , but I do have 68 spinkles(key in convertoing your Toro from drum to front disc) .
No I am not going to rip out the front disc brakes off my blue 68 Toronado,(see 1968 W-34 Toronado for sale:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3103713 ),
unless you have a 68 Toro you plan to make a W-34 clone out of it .
A junkyardin Oxford/Odistfeild, MAine has a 70 Toronado and two 67/68 Edlos. Aotto"s (I ' m not spelling the place correctly, but I know how to get there).
The white 68 Caddy EDlo has no engine and the brke parts are on the front floor of the car. The dark blue(or Balck, can not tell which color it is, super baried in the thorn bushes), I think(dont quote me on this) might be complete.
I'll try to get you the number later this week. I work two jobs and Friday nights is the only night I have off from job#2

Old January 18th, 2009, 05:12 AM

Hi Francis. The 66 Toro did not come with disc brake option. There are however a few of these cars out there with disc brakes as some folks have replaced the front end with the 69 and up set ups to get into a front disc brake witch involves replacing basically the whole wheel assembly. The 69 and up rotors are different than the 67 68 ones and a whole lot easier to aquire as well.
Old January 18th, 2009, 05:17 AM

Hi there Toro68. My restored 67 came with the disc brake option. I am looking for rotors for it to have on hand when they are in need of replacement. The 4 piston set ups are prone to more failure than the newer set ups and can lead to disc problems as a result. I am currently working with a local wheel expert to come up with a good modification to the later rotor style that will leave the rest of the assembly intact and oringinal. Seems like they have the solution, but I need to get the prototype installed and verify its function. Just have not gotten around to it. John
Old May 11th, 2009, 06:35 AM

Wanted 1968 Oldsmobile Toronado front brake rotors

G'day from down under:

I have also been looking for two front disc brake rotors for my 1968 oldsmobile Toronado.My car came out with them from new. Have you had any luck finding a set?
If so can you help me?
I have been looking for over a year now and the car is still off the road.

My best e-mail is jeffvintage@hotmail.com

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Jeff - Australia:
Old June 9th, 2009, 03:52 AM

Hi Aussie

I too looked for years for these rotors but to date have not found any. They have disappeared from the planet. I did find a brake company that would re pop these if I could generate enough interest for a minimum 5K order but after trying to get that interest, no one replied. I have in disgust gone to a wheel R&D house and come up with a modification that will use the 69 and up rotor with the 67 68 set ups to keep everything else original. I have not road tested these yet but will be doing so this summer. I will let you know how that turns out.
Alternatively, some folks are taking the brake set ups from 69 up Toros and swapping them on to their 66 to 68 cars to get away from the 4 piston set up and the scarce brake rotors used on the 67 and 68 cars. But you need the whole assembly to do this properly...knuckles out. That is what I am told anyway and have never attempted it.
Old April 18th, 2010, 07:43 AM

i was woundering if u found the rotors yet ? i founds some but they are costly . as i need the same ones for my eldo email me at abodyman78@hotmail.com