1997 LSS lost my brakes!

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2013, 05:02 PM

No need to bleed!

One section of line still needs to be replaced, that will be done by the mechanic.

I have cut my costs down, a little...
Old April 11th, 2013, 05:21 PM

I had the same issues with my 95' Olds 88. The body looked great but all the lines going to the ABS from the master cylinder and to the rest of the car were bad enough that I ended replacing almost everything. Getting the lines around the ABS unit was the worst part because I had to use adapters at the ABS and since it was already a tight fit, it made it more fun. My fuel lines looked like they were on their way out too but I left them. Unfortunately, after repairing it, the car lasted about two more years because the metal around the engine cradel was toast. Went over some train tracks after work and the frame gave way. A millwright from work said he can fix it (I don't weld but I knew it was jacked) and once he looked at it he realized there was no fixing it. The car only had 120,000 miles on it and looked almost new in and out. I loved that car…A week later it went to the boneyard. Make sure the unibody looks good where the engine cradel connects because there is no saving if it was as bad as mine. Gotta love the rust belt.
Old April 14th, 2013, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Chopski
Make sure the unibody looks good where the engine cradel connects because there is no saving if it was as bad as mine. Gotta love the rust belt.

Life in the rust belt!

I will look at the engine cradle connection.

Thats for the infp Chopski!
Old April 25th, 2017, 10:53 AM

I'm gearing up for this procedure on a '97 Oldsmobile 88. I noticed how bad the brake lines looked while I was replacing the head and intake gaskets over Christmas break. No leaks yet, but it's only a matter of time. I was convinced one of the lines was going to burst just backing the car out of the garage, luckily it nothing happened.