1961 Master Cylinder Conversion

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2007, 10:11 AM

1961 Master Cylinder Conversion

I want to convert my master cylinder to a dual reservior. Has anyone done this on a 61 Olds with the 4 bolt pattern.
Thanks
Pat
Old October 30th, 2007, 11:36 AM

It would be great if you could find out.
Old November 6th, 2016, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by KQQLCAT
It would be great if you could find out.
Was there no feedback
Old November 7th, 2016, 06:21 AM

answered other thread: If two of the bolts/studs are in the right positions, just use them. Also make sure the pushrod length is correct for the new plunger and the distance it must travel. You can use a longer pushrod with a bolt pattern adapter (make it yourself) if needed.

Last edited by Run to Rund; November 7th, 2016 at 06:28 AM. Reason: more info
Old November 7th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Old(s) Fart

If you type 1961 oldsmobile master cylinder into Google, you get this thread on H.A.M.B. that answers your questions.
Old November 7th, 2016, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
If you type 1961 oldsmobile master cylinder into Google, you get this thread on H.A.M.B. that answers your questions.
Thanks for the reply
I read that thread and it was more for disc brake conversion.....I'm staying with all drums .I did read but without very much info on the 66 cadillac m/c.....continued searching and found a number on a guy named Craig Stanley out in New York and I spoke to him today...what a great guy on the phone and very helpful....and I must say, spoke highly of you as well....
He got me set up with what I needed for direct bolt on and I don't even have to change out the rod or the booster...it's a direct bolt on minus the lines of course...I couldn't be happier to get started on it.....i sent him a postal money order today ....

Thank you all for the replys

I hope this help others when wanting to convert single m/c to dual m/c with keeping there existing vacuum booster
Old November 7th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Sleepybeaver
Thcontinued searching and found a number on a guy named Craig Stanley out in New York and I spoke to him today...what a great guy on the phone and very helpful....and I must say, spoke highly of you as well....
Craig is Mobileparts on this site. He's got a wide variety of hard to find brake, steering, and suspension parts. He fixed me up with unobtainium pieces for my 67 Delta.

As for the H.A.M.B. article, the GM disk and drum master cylinders interchange on the booster. Simply using that booster with a drum/drum master would also have worked. Pretty much ever GM dual master cylinder from 1967 through the 1990s has the same bolt pattern.
Old November 7th, 2016, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Craig is Mobileparts on this site. He's got a wide variety of hard to find brake, steering, and suspension parts. He fixed me up with unobtainium pieces for my 67 Delta.

As for the H.A.M.B. article, the GM disk and drum master cylinders interchange on the booster. Simply using that booster with a drum/drum master would also have worked. Pretty much ever GM dual master cylinder from 1967 through the 1990s has the same bolt pattern.
Gotcha ....thanks for the info