Brake conversion

Old September 3rd, 2018, 04:14 PM

Brake conversion

Slowly moving forward and I want to run the brake and fuel lines before the body goes onto the frame. I am converting from manual drums to 4 wheel power discs. I have the booster, master cylinder and prop valve for the swap. I will run new lines from the MC/Prop valve to a new split distribution block. Are the stock brake lines the right size or do I need a different size?
Old September 4th, 2018, 06:02 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by rpinnt
Slowly moving forward and I want to run the brake and fuel lines before the body goes onto the frame. I am converting from manual drums to 4 wheel power discs. I have the booster, master cylinder and prop valve for the swap. I will run new lines from the MC/Prop valve to a new split distribution block. Are the stock brake lines the right size or do I need a different size?
Stock lines should be 3/16" from the M/C to the front brakes, 1/4" from the M/C to the rear rubber hose, and 3/16" from there to the rear wheels. Those sizes are fine. Keep in mind that once you bleed the air out of the system, the diameter of the brake lines is pretty much irrelevant. Only a small amount of fluid is required to move the pistons.