VERY grabby brakes - ClassicOldsmobile.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 13th, 2017, 07:05 PM   #1
Gearhead

VERY grabby brakes

Both my new-to-me '68 and '69 Cutlasses have power drum brakes and both are VERY grabby. Just a little pressure on the brake pedal just about puts you thru the windshield. Is this an adjustment issue?
Jon442 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 07:40 AM   #2
Old(s) Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon442 View Post
Both my new-to-me '68 and '69 Cutlasses have power drum brakes and both are VERY grabby. Just a little pressure on the brake pedal just about puts you thru the windshield. Is this an adjustment issue?
Grabbing brakes are usually caused by contamination on the shoes, typically either wheel bearing grease from a worn wheel seal or brake fluid from a leaking wheel cylinder. Inspect for this.
joe_padavano is offline   Reply With Quote