72 Cutty Supreme rear drum bleeders?

Old October 8th, 2017, 07:10 AM

72 Cutty Supreme rear drum bleeders?

Hi guys...haven't posted in a while, but have come across something strange that I had to ask about. Going to bleed my brakes, and in preparation I went around making sure I could open each bleeder valve...front discs and rear drums. Both fronts and driver rear were fine, but when I got to the passenger rear, there doesn't seem to be a bleeder valve. Is this normal? Or is it maybe some sort of aftermarket reproduction system that is only bled from the driver side?
Old October 8th, 2017, 07:33 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by jlauffer
Hi guys...haven't posted in a while, but have come across something strange that I had to ask about. Going to bleed my brakes, and in preparation I went around making sure I could open each bleeder valve...front discs and rear drums. Both fronts and driver rear were fine, but when I got to the passenger rear, there doesn't seem to be a bleeder valve. Is this normal? Or is it maybe some sort of aftermarket reproduction system that is only bled from the driver side?
There MUST be a bleeder valve. If there isn't one, it's been broken off. Replacement wheel cylinders are about $6 at RockAuto.
Old October 8th, 2017, 10:39 AM

got a better look at it with a mirror and you are correct...broken off. At first I only felt it with my finger and was so smooth I thought there wasn't anything there. Another thing to add to the list....