Disc brake conversion

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2017, 06:03 PM

Disc brake conversion

I'm doing a disc brake conversion on my car & initially i bought the kit for just the front and later decided to do the rear as well which was a different kit. Here is my dilemma, everything is put together correctly in regards to parts but I'm still getting no pressure. I've bled the brakes several times but still no pressure.

I've called the manufacturer and one associate says the original proportioning valve nerds to come off but another associate says it doesn't matter. They then said I needed different brake lines that they make but I'm really skeptical if this is the answer to the problem. Has anyone had this issue with a conversion? I haven't driven my car in over a year and this is frustrating.
Old July 12th, 2017, 05:58 AM

Kennedy, did you bleed the master cylinder before installing it? Usually when you buy a new master cylinder it comes with instructions on how to bench bleed it before install.

BTW, what kits did you buy and what kind of car do you own? I ASSume it's an Olds Cutlass.
Old July 12th, 2017, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Olds64
Kennedy, did you bleed the master cylinder before installing it? Usually when you buy a new master cylinder it comes with instructions on how to bench bleed it before install.

BTW, what kits did you buy and what kind of car do you own? I ASSume it's an Olds Cutlass.
I did not bench bleed the master cylinder and I was going to at first and for whatever reason I didn't. I'll try that next to see if that works.

I have a 67 F-85 and I bought both kits from Right Stuff detailing
Old July 12th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Here is a good read on troubleshooting your brakes.
https://www.getdiscbrakes.com/knowle...ow_brake_pedal