master cylinder issues

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2017, 08:18 PM

master cylinder issues

ok so this is my first post and im completely new to the whole forum thing but have hit a wall with my car. i have a 1960 dynamic 88 and i cant find out what master cylinder fits it , i had napa order one but the stroke is off and now im wondering if i can get it somewhere else or if i can cross refrence the part numbers on the old one. i have found out that a bendix is a single outlet and a maureen is a dual outlet , so i ordered a bendix one and tried to put it on and it dosent seem deep enough and everyone i call said that is the only one available, i just got this car and dont know alot about oldsmobiles so trying to find out as much information as i can
Old May 30th, 2017, 05:59 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Fox Stuart
ok so this is my first post and im completely new to the whole forum thing but have hit a wall with my car. i have a 1960 dynamic 88 and i cant find out what master cylinder fits it , i had napa order one but the stroke is off and now im wondering if i can get it somewhere else or if i can cross refrence the part numbers on the old one. i have found out that a bendix is a single outlet and a maureen is a dual outlet , so i ordered a bendix one and tried to put it on and it dosent seem deep enough and everyone i call said that is the only one available, i just got this car and dont know alot about oldsmobiles so trying to find out as much information as i can
Welcome. Oldsmobile didn't use a dual outlet master cylinder until the 1967 model year. Your car could have come with either the Bendix or Delco Morraine master cylinder. Both are single outlet (whoever told you otherwise is wrong). The difference is in the depth of the hole in the back of the piston where the pushrod presses on the M/C piston. If the stroke is wrong with the Bendix, that's probably telling you that your car uses the Delco Morraine master. Good luck.
Old May 30th, 2017, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Fox Stuart
maureen is a dual outlet
Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Your car could have come with either the Bendix or Delco Morraine master cylinder.
"Morraine" is certainly better than "Maureen," which had me rolling on the floor laughing, but the company is/was called Delco Moraine.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Delco_El...Delco_products
Old May 31st, 2017, 06:19 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by jaunty75
"Morraine" is certainly better than "Maureen," which had me rolling on the floor laughing,
Wow, I just missed that completely. I read "morraine".
Old May 31st, 2017, 11:08 AM
Rocket Renegade!

I prefer Delco-Lorraine myself.