brake bleeder kit_motive

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2017, 05:51 PM

brake bleeder kit_motive

hello there, any of you own one of these? a friend at work mentioned it..for a 1 man show, how does it fare? any feedback would be appreciated.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Motive-Pr...0105/121779259
Old May 3rd, 2017, 06:12 PM

I have no experience with that model, but I made my own for my other cars using this site as a guide:
http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed...atech/bleeder/

Just gotta make a lid for the master cylinder similar to this:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...d-manners.html
Originally Posted by don71
Since were on the subject of bleeding brakes, I'll share this old tip I discovered in the car mags back in the day. Its simply a piece of steel with a gasket and a milton air fitting threaded into it. Apply 15psi + or - and move some fluid pretty rapidly if you want it too.

I flush my system every two/three years...about a quart through it.

Old May 4th, 2017, 07:59 AM
Old(s) Fart

I prefer a vacuum bleeder over a pressure bleeder.
Old May 4th, 2017, 08:33 AM

The best way to bleed your brakes is the "old-fashioned" way. I've used all sorts of pressure bleeders and vacuum bleeders both professional and for a DIYer. IMHO they don't give decent results.

If you're set on getting a power bleeder it seems that one is a few cents cheaper on Amazon. Plus you'll get it faster, especially if you are a Prime member.

Amazon Amazon
Old May 4th, 2017, 08:55 AM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

I have used the Motive bleeder with great results for the last 10 years. But I did need to upgrade the clear line to thicker wall tube. The line it came with burst. It was a defect in the hose. I caught it before any damage was done. Brake fluid on paint aint nice. I always lay something non-porous around the paint and bay before I bleed. Hopefully, that problem has been resolved? Others have reported that it has since been. The pneumatic bleeders are the top dogs.
Shop around. I saw it on Amazon for as low as 36 bux.
Old May 4th, 2017, 05:24 PM

Thanks for feedback, I may go with this one, hopefully it'll work and worth the money.. With this I guess no worry that the MC will run dry since 1 man show, wonder if it will have enough pressure to bleed, also seal on MC will is important.
Old May 4th, 2017, 05:46 PM

I have one. I've only used it twice but it has worked well so far. I'm glad I bought it because it made things a lot easier for me to work alone
Old May 4th, 2017, 06:42 PM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

Originally Posted by nj_cutlass72
Thanks for feedback, I may go with this one, hopefully it'll work and worth the money.. With this I guess no worry that the MC will run dry since 1 man show, wonder if it will have enough pressure to bleed, also seal on MC will is important.
It shouldn't run dry unless you ignore it while your down at the bleeders. Buy a gallon of good brand name fluid. Dont ever use fluid thats been sitting around, especially in an uncontrolled environment. Brake fluid is extremely hydrophillic. IE it absorbs or easily mixes with water.
This is another reason why brake fluid should be flushed at a regular service interval.
Pour the whole gallon into the bleeder. If you dont use it all leave it in the bleeder. Plug the bleeder line with a plug and pump it up to 5psi and put it in your basement or heated garage etc...I put all of my adapters in zip-lock bags. Keeps them clean and dry.
To bleed you can pump it up to 30 psi if needed. 15 psi is sufficient.
You can buy all sorts of adapters to fit all of the different styles of master cylinders out there. Jegs Summit sells them.
Mine has worked well for many years. The old school dual reservoir adapter comes with chain, threaded J hooks, wing nuts n washers. Kind of hokey but it seals well. Dont over-tighten the wing nuts.
Old May 5th, 2017, 03:16 PM

I have one. The plate doesn't always seal real well. The pump deteriorated on mine so I moved the hose and fittings to a regular pump sprayer.
I have a Dodge style MC with screw on caps and for that it's great. Makes full fluid changes quick and easy.