The dreaded snow ball effect

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2016, 08:15 AM
Smash

The dreaded snow ball effect

Here I sit all broken hearted,
Was pushing hard for a local show and now not looking too good. Was getting ready for paint local body shop doing some minor work. Long story short I didn't like there work so pulled it. Turns out they were doing a little pm joy riding that left my pedal to the metal. Not the good gas pedal either. In my very limited time I noticed leaking master cylinder and rear wheel cylinder. Great no problem replaced wheel and master and booster. Same problem with added bleed problems. Removed left side drum and had only half a shoe left on the back side. Lots of black crap everywhere. Great found the main problem. Replaced both sets of rear shoes, spring kits, cleaned up nice and both cylinders replaced, also replaced both rear brake lines 30" lines going to block mounted above rear diff. As of yesterday unable to get any fluid to either rear wheel. And that's right about when the tools started flying along with some f bombs. It's hard enough finding the time yet alone trying to work in my two car garage with two 72 Cutlasses hogging all the room, then there's this little heat wave thing so yes like a 4yr old I lost it. My big question is now what ? Also problems with the plungers for the wheel cylinder will not retract in far enough to get the shoes on right there's too much space on the top and just not fitting right. Is it a bad new wheel cylinder ? Brakes especially drum are not my specialty gut says new lines to the master but it was all working fine not to long ago. Thx
Old August 15th, 2016, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Did you check the rubber line from the body to the rear end? Did you tighten the rear adjuster barrels all the way in to accept the new shoes? Is the ecable fully released?