Body work All body work discussion including vinyl tops

1957 floor pans & trunk floor

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2012, 07:49 PM

1957 floor pans & trunk floor

newbie here, just wondering if anyone has any idea if the floor pans and trunk floor from a 1956 will fit the 1957 .I am in the process of restoring 2 1957 88's ,one is a fiesta wagon ,and any sheetmetal ideas would be appreciated thanx
Old September 27th, 2017, 08:22 PM

1965 impala do not work.
Used 50% of impala floor but had alot of modifications to fit.
Trunk floor totally different
Old September 27th, 2017, 08:36 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I doubt a 56 is going to work since the 57 was a completely new car and there was no Fiesta wagon on 56.
Old September 27th, 2017, 10:17 PM

I have a '57 "88" 2 door sitting in the woods waiting for me to "do something" with it. "Everything" is there, engine, trans, radiator, etc. Not sure why the car was junked in 1964. I am sure I'll find out when I start rebuilding. The floorboards need a lot of work too. I have wondered about using the same year BOP from same year, maybe '57 or '58....... OR "fabricating" pieces. Seems like I saw floor pans for something, but can't remember for what years. I would be interested to know what you did.
Old September 28th, 2017, 08:03 AM

Try this before you start trying to mis match parts, should save time. There are other pans for the other corners also... Tedd

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1957-1958-OL...14003851222&ha

Last edited by Tedd Thompson; September 28th, 2017 at 08:08 AM.
Old September 28th, 2017, 09:19 AM

Thanks Tedd
Old September 28th, 2017, 09:41 PM

Hope this helps

Originally Posted by jon1957
newbie here, just wondering if anyone has any idea if the floor pans and trunk floor from a 1956 will fit the 1957 .I am in the process of restoring 2 1957 88's ,one is a fiesta wagon ,and any sheetmetal ideas would be appreciated thanx

I don't know exactly what you're really wanting to repair, but there was a Company in one of the Carolina's who was reproducing complete floors for '57 and '58 Oldsmobiles including trunk floors and trunk floor extensions. Can't remember the exact name but it was a few years ago. There is also a guy just north of Edmonton Alberta with Four '57 Olds Fiesta wagons in various states of restoration, and all are for sale as a Package only. Last I heard his bottom line was $6,500.00 Canadian dollars for all of them. I've looked at them and there is a lot of extra parts and the condition of these Wgns is exceptional!!!
Old September 29th, 2017, 01:21 AM

Chequenman: FOUR ? Fiesta wagons ? With engines and transmissions ? Tell me what exceptional condition is. How would someone get all of them across the border into the USA ?
Old September 29th, 2017, 06:12 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Originally Posted by chequenman
I don't know exactly what you're really wanting to repair, but there was a Company in one of the Carolina's who was reproducing complete floors for '57 and '58 Oldsmobiles including trunk floors and trunk floor extensions. Can't remember the exact name but it was a few years ago. There is also a guy just north of Edmonton Alberta with Four '57 Olds Fiesta wagons in various states of restoration, and all are for sale as a Package only. Last I heard his bottom line was $6,500.00 Canadian dollars for all of them. I've looked at them and there is a lot of extra parts and the condition of these Wgns is exceptional!!!
Even in poor condition, one of those wagons is worth $6,500. The extra parts are probably worth that.

I remember looking for floor pans for a 50 Olds several years ago and finding that company in North Carolina (I believe it was North) but I do not remember the name.
Old September 29th, 2017, 10:11 AM

Fiesta's

I'm on the road and I'm in Ontario. Should be able to answer some questions you may have when I'm at home. I think the guy who owns these wgns has a web page. I think it's perrysclassiccars.com or something close to that. Let me know if you can't find it and when I get back I'll look it up on my saved web sites.
Old September 29th, 2017, 11:31 AM

Redoldsman: I have been away from "cars" for a longtime. I'll take your wisdom about the price/value for one. I am just trying to figure out what condition and how complete the cars are. '57 Olds engines and trannys are very, very scarce around here. I saw a restored '57 Olds Fiesta at a car show this summer

I am going to look for that site in North Carolina for floor pans. I hate the thought of fabricating floor pans myself. Thank you for your input.

Chequenman & Redoldsman: Getting one car would be easy, logistics on FOUR CARS is quite another. Winter is coming and making the trip on Canadian roads could be something also. I am not sure what a person would do to transport, "import" and title FOUR cars back to Minnesota from Canada.
Mapquest tells me its 19 hours and 41 minutes and 1251 miles one way. If you have some "wisdom" on things, feel free to let me know.

This has to be the craziest ideas I have ever considered, but, I need some time to confirm that fact.<--HUMOR
Old September 29th, 2017, 11:34 AM

Chequenman: the link didn't take me anywhere
Old September 29th, 2017, 03:29 PM

Fiesta's web page

Originally Posted by OLDSter Ralph
Chequenman: FOUR ? Fiesta wagons ? With engines and transmissions ? Tell me what exceptional condition is. How would someone get all of them across the border into the USA ?

I'm at home and found his web address and I was close but no Cigar.... It's www.perrysprojectcars.com check it out, some of the pics are old and things change. His first name is Ivan. Last name Perry, Ivan Perry. Hope this helps. I'll see if I can get anymore info with the Co. that were stamping those floor and trunk pans but that was 6 to 7 years ago and things do change.
Old September 29th, 2017, 04:49 PM

https://www.c2cfabrication.com/colle...smobile?page=2
Old September 29th, 2017, 05:49 PM

I knew someone would find it. It seems they've relocated.
Old September 29th, 2017, 11:21 PM

Okie88 & Chequenman: Thank you so much !!!!!! I will be following up on both items. I will be running up north to get an engine, transmission from my '64 Starfire this week end and starting a 15 day job on Tuesday.
Time will be precious for a while, but I will be on it as time permits.

Chequenman: How are the roads cleared during winter ?
RALPH
Old November 2nd, 2018, 09:10 PM

I am going through the same issues. Just acquired a 57 Olds Super 88 4 Dr HT that has rust in the trunk, rockers, front and rear quarters, bottom of the doors and hood corners. Don't know how this is going to get fixed or where I am going to get parts.