Body work All body work discussion including vinyl tops

nos trim

Old August 22nd, 2018, 02:41 PM

nos trim

had an appraiser looking at some minor damage to my 76 supreme today ,and he told that sometimes you could get nos grills and windshield trim for my car .anybody have any luck with that ?or is most of the oem stuff dried up by now? where would i start ? ive had some fellow members here offer up some pretty good replacement stuff ,but if the nos is available this car is worthy of it. thank you
Old August 22nd, 2018, 02:59 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by deadeyejedi
had an appraiser looking at some minor damage to my 76 supreme today ,and he told that sometimes you could get nos grills and windshield trim for my car .anybody have any luck with that ?or is most of the oem stuff dried up by now? where would i start ? ive had some fellow members here offer up some pretty good replacement stuff ,but if the nos is available this car is worthy of it. thank you
Stuff shows up on ebay and at swap meets. Don't expect to find it in the GM parts system. I stumbled onto an NOS front bumper for my 62 F-85, and an NOS front fender for my 67 Delta, for example. Don't expect to find it immediately, however.
Old August 22nd, 2018, 03:05 PM

thanks joe ,maybe that will be the plan .find what i can to make it presentable and keep an eye out for what i really want
Old August 22nd, 2018, 03:12 PM
Old(s) Fart

Type the factory part number into Google. You'd be amazed at what comes up (also at some of the asking prices... ). Also, write a search string for ebay with that number that runs regularly.