Body work All body work discussion including vinyl tops

Cowl and floor measurements 69 442 vert

Search this Thread

Old December 26th, 2011, 02:33 PM

Cowl and floor measurements 69 442 vert

Hi! I'm ready to do my floor boards on my 69 442 convertible, they were done once by the previous owner...but not correctly. Do you have cross measurements form the cowl .....or front jam...... to another point of the car that you could share to ensure I put mine together at the right specifications? thanks Bill
Old January 1st, 2012, 09:08 AM

Floor pan measurements

Bill, I will be posting pics on my 70 convertible floorpans and I will make some measurements also for you. Dave
Old January 1st, 2012, 01:32 PM

Greatly appreciate it Dave. Thanks Bill
Old January 5th, 2012, 04:07 PM

Floor pan pics

Bill I posted some pics of my floorpan on major builds, (my 70 442 convertible) take a look at them and see if they help you. After you look at them give me an idea of what measurements you would like and I will do the best I can to accomidate. Dave E
Old January 6th, 2012, 08:40 PM

Hi Dave,

First, thanks again for doing this!

Here are the measurements I'm looking for:

1. From the top corner of the wind shield frame on the DRIVERS side, to a the little metal door "shim" ( only convertibles have it ) that is mounted on the door jam of the PASSENGER side. Use the screw hole on the windshield frame used by the chrome bracket that the convertible top clamps onto. The bracket mounts via two holes, and please use the hole that faces the back seat. The door jam shim is mounted via two screws. Use the upper screw hole. Please do this the opposite direction as well, using the PASSENGER side windshield frame bracket, going the DRIVERS side shim. Use the center of each hole for the measurement.

2. Using the same windshield and jam points as above, but measure them this time on the same side of the car. So that would be measuring from the drivers windshield frame corner to the drivers door shim, and then the passengers windshield frame to the passengers door shim.

That's it! If you would like to contact me, please call me at 717.554.9826.

Again, thanks a million! Bill
Old January 8th, 2012, 09:15 AM

Measurements

Bill, on the cross measurements between the rear screw hole on the top bracket on the top of the windshield frame to the opposite side top hole of the shim the measurement is 62 5/8", the same for both sides. On the front to back measurement same side it is 31 5/8 both sides. These measurements were taken with the top bracket removed and with the shim removed. Hope this helps, Dave E