Body work All body work discussion including vinyl tops

54 starfire 98 convertible

Search this Thread

Old January 10th, 2013, 02:31 AM

54 starfire 98 convertible. Floor panels needed (AND WHY???)

Hi all. I'm new on here and hoping for some good info or places to go.. I am restoring a s/fire 98 conv and I got floor pans and some extensions which are in place now but I need proper factory shape inner & outer rocker (sills in my country). foot plates I.E very bottom of bulk head around removable plate for pedals and complete piece for same place on passenger side. Also I need a LOT of correct bolts that the likes of Fusick etc do not do. Any and all help appreciated. I have been going to hershey PA for several years and collected some cracking parts but my olds is hydraulic version and cannot find this in booklet (or any other form). I would post pics but am in hospital with leukaemia and getting treatment for. So please excuse all the blank bits. I am in the United Kingdom so cannot nip to joes garage lol. I do want proper factory parts with correct channeling etc. we all need to keep these wonderful cars on the road as they will never be made again. Also, if they were remade they would NOT be the same!!
Thanks all. Steve

Last edited by 54Olds98convertible; January 13th, 2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old January 10th, 2013, 02:46 AM

Welcome aboard Steve; hope you get better real soon. There are people around here that have all sorts of stuff squirreled away...Richard.
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:09 AM

Hi Richard I will indeed get through this and will have plenty of spare time from work so my chassis is all powder coated and all parts (thanks to Carlisle, Hershey and Fusick) are all new. Engine & box x2 are rebuilt from scratch so I think (taking my time a bit) a few months ill have a running/driving chassis. Will help with motivation with me at the moment. Body is soda blasted and zinc coated but need some floor/rocker sections. Both are on rolling frames. So, all I need is some time........ Which I have plenty of at the moment! Hooray for something good to come out of this. I'm also going to sneak my fiancé away and marry her which I would LOVE the car ready for. Cheers Steve