Body color vs trunk floor color

Old February 1st, 2015, 11:52 AM

Body body vs trunk floor color

My newly acquired 72 Toronado had some water leakage.in the trunk. I removed the hardboard/cardboard pad and cleaned up the metal floor. The car body is a very light non/poly green with a green vinyl top. The trunk floor is painted a greenish/blue poly. Should the trunk floor be the same color as the body? I assumed the car was original paint but it seems odd that the trunk floor color would be different. In addition, where would I find the paint code and what number series would represent the original color? Many thanks for any help you can provide.
Old February 1st, 2015, 01:59 PM

I think you are correlating the two because of the closeness of the two colors. The trunk is always one color, which is a light coat of a light blue with black specks in it. I believe it is standard across GM for a given series of years. Premixed comes in a can, and I believe you could paint the base coat and then speckle it yourself if you wished. I am sure Fusicks has it.
Old February 1st, 2015, 03:14 PM
Administrator

I deleted your duplicate thread as it will be noticed here. The underside of your trunk lid was body color, the inside of your trunk is a paint called trunk spatter, see Eastwood link below. There are other places to procure it as others will chime in.

http://www.eastwood.com/paints/trunk...CCODE=MN130090