Door seals & weather stripping best? worst?

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2012, 10:29 PM

Door seals & weather stripping best? worst?

Looking into getting some actual door seals for my 69 POST Cutlass, I know there are a few different co's out there, any I should stay away from ? I'm not going for concourse, but don't want to be fighting them and or have leaks or wind whistling.

here are 3 i know of

Metro Moulded Parts Inc.

SoffSeal Weatherstripping & Rubber Details

Steele Rubber Products

any suggestions ?
Old June 10th, 2012, 09:47 AM

Door weather seals

I used the Metro door jamb kit that I bought from Amazon. It fit fine, although the plastic pins that affix the seal to the door are kind of wimpy and prone to bend. I successfully salvaged a few of the old ones and used them. Otherise, take your time and they will work fine.
Old June 10th, 2012, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Texas69
I used the Metro door jamb kit that I bought from Amazon. It fit fine, although the plastic pins that affix the seal to the door are kind of wimpy and prone to bend. I successfully salvaged a few of the old ones and used them. Otherise, take your time and they will work fine.
X2

The three brands you mentioned are all good. I had good experience with the Metro parts (sans the pins - minor issue).

Brands to run from are no-namers from brothers or ebay. They might be cheaper but there is a reason... Inquire about brand before you buy if not already mentioned.
Old June 10th, 2012, 02:47 PM
72 Olds CS

Originally Posted by Texas69

I just installed some metro door weatherstripping. X3 on the pins being wimpy but I found a fix for those. The 4-6 black pins that are used on the ends have a bigger pointed part than the originals, so when you go to push them in the stem bends. I cut off the point and this allowed the flutes of the pin to insert securely into the holes w out any issues...the white pins however were smaller than the originals and fit into the holes w very little resistance (the originals came out w plenty of resistence) I used the 3m weather strip adhesive and was a little generous around the holes and then let it set up overnight. everthing looks good and the 3m goo helps everything to stay in place.

The fit other than the pins is perfect
Old June 10th, 2012, 04:27 PM

I am also looking for door weatherstripping. I've used Steele stuff so far and was wondering if anyone used their door weatherstripping.
(Not trying hijack OP's thread.)