Fender scripts... - Page 2 - ClassicOldsmobile.com

Fender scripts...

Old January 23rd, 2019, 11:36 AM
  #41  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 574
Got em on😀



72455 is offline  
Old January 23rd, 2019, 01:56 PM
  #42  
Running On Empty
 
Vintage Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Crystal Coast, NC
Posts: 461
It looks like you're enjoying yourself. Good job.
Vintage Chief is online now  
Old January 23rd, 2019, 02:25 PM
  #43  
Just an Olds Guy
 
Allan R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB. And "I am Can 'eh' jun - eh"
Posts: 23,298
Nice work Dave. Did you pierce the metal or are those on with 2 sided body tape?
Allan R is online now  
Old January 23rd, 2019, 02:36 PM
  #44  
Running On Empty
 
Vintage Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Crystal Coast, NC
Posts: 461
Smart thinking to go w/ the 'cursive' aftermarket scripts. The young kids today won't be able to read it (since they've stopped teaching cursive writing) - helping to deter them from stealing it.
Vintage Chief is online now  
Old January 23rd, 2019, 02:51 PM
  #45  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 574
Originally Posted by Allan R View Post
Nice work Dave. Did you pierce the metal or are those on with 2 sided body tape?
Thanks Allan...and no body piercings...I cut the posts off and used 3M emblem adhesive. I almost bought Gorilla Glue double sided clear tape but with both sides of the tape being sticky, I didn't want dirt sticking to the tape in between the letters...that would not be good😣
72455 is offline  
Old January 23rd, 2019, 02:52 PM
  #46  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 574
Originally Posted by Vintage Chief View Post
It looks like you're enjoying yourself. Good job.
Thanks Norm...and thanks for the help with the measurements 😀
72455 is offline  
Old January 23rd, 2019, 02:53 PM
  #47  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 574
Originally Posted by Vintage Chief View Post
Smart thinking to go w/ the 'cursive' aftermarket scripts. The young kids today won't be able to read it (since they've stopped teaching cursive writing) - helping to deter them from stealing it.
LOL...no doubt!
72455 is offline  
Old January 23rd, 2019, 02:58 PM
  #48  
Running On Empty
 
Vintage Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Crystal Coast, NC
Posts: 461
Originally Posted by 72455 View Post
...I didn't want dirt sticking to the tape in between the letters...that would not be good😣
Dave- Had you used Gorilla Glue double sided clear tape... dirt sticking to the tape in between the letters might better match your scratched up fender. How are you with body work? LOL




Vintage Chief is online now  
Old January 23rd, 2019, 03:01 PM
  #49  
Running On Empty
 
Vintage Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Crystal Coast, NC
Posts: 461
Originally Posted by 72455 View Post
Thanks Norm...and thanks for the help with the measurements 😀
You're very welcome, Dave!
Vintage Chief is online now  
Old January 23rd, 2019, 03:08 PM
  #50  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 574
Originally Posted by Vintage Chief View Post
Dave- Had you used Gorilla Glue double sided clear tape... dirt sticking to the tape in between the letters might better match your scratched up fender. How are you with body work? LOL


Lol...that's on my to do list😀..but I won't be doing it...
72455 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
442crzy
Parts For Sale
4
February 10th, 2018 08:15 AM
197064buickspec
Parts For Sale
0
August 19th, 2013 09:50 PM
MX442
Parts For Sale
0
August 26th, 2012 07:45 PM
carnell71075
Parts Wanted
1
November 13th, 2007 01:10 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fender scripts...


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.