And so it begins... - ClassicOldsmobile.com

And so it begins...

Old October 17th, 2018, 01:42 PM

And so it begins...

To get everyone caught up, this happened https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...9879-ouch.html the weekend before last. Today I dropped my Cutlass off at the body shop and was happy 😀 to find out the tech that will be doing the work is an old school body man who knows how to work vintage sheet metal. I told my insurance adjuster that I want as little body fill used as possible and as little trim removed as possible. He assured me that with the lifetime guarantee on the repairs, my wishes will be the goal😀.

I called the body shop about an hour ago and they're aiming for completion a week from today😀!

Wish me luck and keep your fingers ( and toes) crossed!

Dave
Old October 18th, 2018, 08:34 AM

Make sure you post after pics when it's complete. I'm sure you were beside yourself when it happened. It's good to hear the body shop and employees are there to please.
Old October 18th, 2018, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Olds64 View Post
Make sure you post after pics when it's complete. I'm sure you were beside yourself when it happened. It's good to hear the body shop and employees are there to please.
Oh trust me, pics will be posted!😀
Old October 18th, 2018, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by 72455 View Post
To get everyone caught up, this happened https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...9879-ouch.html the weekend before last. Today I dropped my Cutlass off at the body shop and was happy 😀 to find out the tech that will be doing the work is an old school body man who knows how to work vintage sheet metal. I told my insurance adjuster that I want as little body fill used as possible and as little trim removed as possible. He assured me that with the lifetime guarantee on the repairs, my wishes will be the goal😀.

I called the body shop about an hour ago and they're aiming for completion a week from today😀!

Wish me luck and keep your fingers ( and toes) crossed!

Dave
Update;. I just heard from my insurance adjuster and they're shooting for completion this Monday😀