Anyone know where I can find this?

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2017, 09:23 AM

Anyone know where I can find this?

I have a 1990 Oldsmoble Delta 88 Royle, I am looking for the rub strip that goes over the front bumper does anyone know where I can get one?

I painted mine Black.

Thank You,

Matt
Old January 5th, 2017, 11:20 AM

Matt, you would almost certainly have to find that in a salvage yard. If you're lucky someone might be able to check their literature and give you a part number. Even if you had the part number though you might not be able to get it from the dealer. FWIW, I would have done the same thing... remove the old strip remnants and paint the bumper black or plasti-dip it.
Old January 5th, 2017, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Olds64
Matt, you would almost certainly have to find that in a salvage yard. If you're lucky someone might be able to check their literature and give you a part number. Even if you had the part number though you might not be able to get it from the dealer. FWIW, I would have done the same thing... remove the old strip remnants and paint the bumper black or plasti-dip it.
I was thinking Junk Yard as well. It seems like my only option at this point. I'm actually going to be painting the car blue in the spring. This car had all sorts of problems that I solved little by little. Now i'm focusing on how it looks now that it runs good! It's a nice first car and a fun project.
Old January 5th, 2017, 01:04 PM

When you paint the car you might consider removing all of that cladding / trim. You could always replace it with aftermarket trim if you like the look.
Old January 6th, 2017, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Olds64
When you paint the car you might consider removing all of that cladding / trim. You could always replace it with aftermarket trim if you like the look.
That's an idea, do you know where I might be able to find some aftermarket trim? Maybe a place I can order some from?

Thanks again for your help,

Matt
Old January 6th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Local Pick n Pull, or use Row 52 - they have pics of the cars and a simple drill down menu.
Old January 9th, 2017, 06:16 AM

Matt, sorry it took me a few days to respond. Use a product like one of these, whatever it is that you like if it comes in a roll then you will be able to wrap it around your front and back bumper. They adhere with adhesive tap or body adhesive you can get at the parts store. It's not OE but it's an option. You might check JC Whitney too.

https://www.customautotrim.com/body-...side-moldings/