Questions about trim clips on 50's Olds

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2016, 05:38 AM

Questions about trim clips on 50's Olds

I've got copies of the parts list that shows what part numbers the trim, clips and nuts are but no pictures of what they look like. If I google the part numbers or just anything about installing trim I'm very limited in finding any info. How does one go about installing all the stainless on the side of a '56 Olds without knowing what clips are used and where? It appears there are various styles of clips used even on just one piece of trim based on the part numbers and quantities per the manual.

Thanks!
Old October 5th, 2016, 03:01 AM

You really only need to know what size the trim it, and get universal trim clips. They work just fine. You can get either snap-in ones, or the ones with a machine screw to put a nut on. I'd use all screw ons, except where you absolutely cannot reach the back of the trim to get the nuts on. In some cases there are very special clips for the windshields, or very narrow trim, that you have to use factory type clips, or get creative in using a replacement.
Look up a W & E ( or Au-Ve-Co) catalog on the internet, or go to your local bodyshop supply house.