69 442 hood stripes

Old February 8th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Car Junkie

69 442 hood stripes

How can I determine if my 69 442 had hood stripes when new? I have the window sticker but it makes no mention of any stripes or stripe delete. I believe the Y73 hood pinstripe was standard so if someone didn't want it would it show as a delete on the window sticker? I see W42 hood stripes were an option and Y74 was hood pinstripe delete so wouldn't you think one of them should be present on the window sticker?
Old February 9th, 2010, 04:05 AM

Hum,

My window sticker for my 69 442 drop top says at the bottom

"THE FOLLOWING ITEMS,OPTIONS OR ACCESSORIES ON SOME MODELS, ARE STANDARD EQUIPTMENT ON THIS MODLE VEHCILE ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Y73 GP HOOD STRIPE PAINT." [In Caps]

For what it's worth it's a Lansing car sold at Mitchell Motors in Atlanta.
Old February 9th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Trying to remember member

Since the Y73 hood stripes *are* standard, they would only be mentioned as Jamesbo mentioned. Note that the same note would be there even if it was Y74 stripe delete or the wide W42 hood stripes. The Y74 and W42 should be listed options on a 442 window sticker. If neither are, it is safe to presume it had the Y73 stripes.
Old February 9th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Car Junkie

OK I guess I can feel confident it came with Y73 stripes. I just looked at the sticker again and there's no mention of any standard equipment which surprises me but maybe that started to be included in the later years? I was going to post a copy of the window sticker but it's too large for the forum and since it's an Adobe PDF I can't alter it.
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Four Four Tony
OK I guess I can feel confident it came with Y73 stripes. I just looked at the sticker again and there's no mention of any standard equipment which surprises me but maybe that started to be included in the later years? I was going to post a copy of the window sticker but it's too large for the forum and since it's an Adobe PDF I can't alter it.
The inclusion of the standard equipment listings vary, it was not a set in stone thing. Some have it, some don't.
Old February 9th, 2010, 08:36 AM

Here is Tony's window sticker. That is too cool, Tony. That is probably the most decked out '69 442 I've ever seen!
Which is probably the reason you don't have the "standard equipment" notes on your window sticker! Seriously, I think they're not there because there simply isn't enough room with all the options listed. Not pertinent info, so it just gets omitted in a case like this. My guess.
Attached Images
Old February 9th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Car Junkie

Thanks Kurt! It does have alot options doesn't it? That's why I jumped at it when I saw it. When I was a kid my brother had a 69 convert the same color but no options except PS, PB, W42 stripes and turbo 400. I loved that car so this one was a good replacement for it.

After my brother sold his 442 my father bought a 69 convert with PS, PDB, AC, PW, PDL, P trunk, AM/FM stereo and 4 way power bench seat. I don't recall if it had tilt wheel or not but it had SS2's and was red with a white interior. I thought it had more options than my car but after listing them here I guess mine does!
Old February 9th, 2010, 09:34 AM

"The inclusion of the standard equipment listings vary, it was not a set in stone thing. Some have it, some don't." Though std on my W31, it is not listed on my window sticker, thus reinforcing Wmachine's statement.
Old February 9th, 2010, 09:57 AM

Wow, How cool is that.

Not enough room makes sense to me.
Old February 9th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Car Junkie

Thanks for all your help guys!
Old February 9th, 2010, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by wmachine
Here is Tony's window sticker. That is too cool, Tony. That is probably the most decked out '69 442 I've ever seen!
Which is probably the reason you don't have the "standard equipment" notes on your window sticker! Seriously, I think they're not there because there simply isn't enough room with all the options listed. Not pertinent info, so it just gets omitted in a case like this. My guess.

I have a few 70 model sheets that are like this also. In 71 Olds went to a longer sheet.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 08:25 AM

69 hood stripes

Nice car,

This link should help with the layout:

http://www.69olds.com/stripe.html

Steve
Old February 23rd, 2010, 09:44 AM
Car Junkie

Thanks Steve. Hopefully I'll see you (and finally meet you) at the show in July.
Old February 28th, 2010, 10:46 AM

My 69's buildsheet list the Y73 "option" but has a * in front of it. Looks like all the standard options like mouldings, tires, 3 speed, etc had the * in front and the few options mine did come do not have the *. And those options without the * are listed on my dealer invoice also. Unfortuntately I do not have a window sticker.

Mine now has incorrect full stripes, but someday when repainted will go back to the pinstripes.

Tony - will look for your 69 at the OCA Nats. Probably will not be bringing my 69, but my Alero Final 500 instead. Two small kids and a 5 hr drive......
Old February 28th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Car Junkie

Cool, maybe I'll see you there. Mine won't be "in" the show since it's not that nice and I'm not an OCA member any more.
Old February 28th, 2010, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by tva442
My 69's buildsheet list the Y73 "option" but has a * in front of it. Looks like all the standard options like mouldings, tires, 3 speed, etc had the * in front and the few options mine did come do not have the *.
Hi Tom! Yes, the "*" prefix on the build sheet options is for an RPO option that is standard on that particular car.

Originally Posted by Four Four Tony
Cool, maybe I'll see you there. Mine won't be "in" the show since it's not that nice and I'm not an OCA member any more.
Tony, please do not let either one of those things keep you from coming to the nationals.

I look forward to seeing both of you guys there!
Old February 28th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Car Junkie

Kurt as long as no family stuff arises I plan to be there. I already told my wife and marked it on the calendar as a matter of fact. I told her tonight I plan to attend the OPC drags on the 24th too so I should be at both God willing.