371 oil galley plugs /restrictor plugs

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2015, 05:31 AM

371 oil galley plugs /restrictor plugs

Hi, I've already looked at several threads but maybe there's some (new) information out there...

I just put in a rebuild 371 (1960) and and experienced problems with oil pressure on the drivers side oil valley along with a rattling sound from the lifters on this side. When pulling the distributor I noticed that the rear oil galley plug is missing...

As I am from overseas (Germany) I have to be sure to order the correct parts now and hope that someone can help me.

I would like to know:

1. this missing galley plug, is it possible that the missing galley plug caused any damage to the new reubuild motor already? We only fired it up several times but it has not been running much so far.

2. Is it just one oil galley plug or are there any other I need to check for as well? I am pretty sure its just the one on the rear.

3. Which size is it and will I need one with a drilled hole (diameter?)
Any pics?

4. Has anyone managed to install it without pulling the engine? I noticed in several threads some people made it but not sure it was like for the 455 and I wonder if there is any difference for my 371

Any pictures / drawings of the location, of the valley plug itself or installaton of it are very much appreciated.

Thanks
Old September 23rd, 2015, 07:42 AM

Give Tony a call at Ross Racing engines he is the guru of first generation Old's engines and I'm sure he will know for sure.... Tedd.....https://rossracingengines.oursafeserver.com/