need a faster way to get photo links

Search this Thread

Old March 6th, 2015, 06:14 PM

need a faster way to get photo links

Is there a better way to get photos here, like more than 5 via "advanced" and etc. ?

I found all these nifty distributor rebuild pix in my photobucket stash
bushing cut to fit
reaming the new bushing to fit
greasing
all that rot

but I am NOT willing to take hours [again] to slowly gather the pb links in the PROPER format, and bring them here one by one, and paste them in for a story. Especially when computers continuously mess with me and lose everything and even IF all that goes well... last time, ROP... site crash loses it all.

If I did not have to wait for pb to show each photo, that would help a lot.

imageshack is full and sniveled out requiring money so they are not under consideration

12259_Distributors_601112079parts.jpg
Old March 6th, 2015, 09:55 PM

When I post multiple pics from my photobucket I bring up another tab. One tab for here and one for PB. Then go to the library that has the pics I want and go to the corner and copy the link then change tabs to here and paste. For me it's fast and efficient. Hope I explained well enough
Old March 6th, 2015, 10:01 PM

BE3C4205-8000-4F03-8A9D-1778AB92DC73_zpsknvs8h2r.jpg
You don't have to bring each photo up individually, easy as long as there all in the same folder.
Old March 7th, 2015, 09:18 AM

Like the photo above illustrates, you don't need to open each photo to get the link that allows you to post it in a forum. Once you have a page of photos open you move your cursor over the pic you want to post. The little geared icon will pop up in the corner. Position your cursor over the gear icon and another small window pops up. Click on the "share links" option and a larger dialog box opens up on the surface of the page. Click on the box under the IMG title and if you watch closely it will say "copied". You can then return to the forum and paste the link into your forum post.

You can paste quite a few photos into the forum post that way. Here is an example of how well it works.
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...lots-pics.html
Old March 7th, 2015, 03:09 PM

Thanks for explaining that more in depth
Old March 7th, 2015, 03:48 PM

that helps
I would not have guessed that "a gearlike thing" and then "share links" is the correct sub sub sub sub menu trick to accomplish that.

I am thinking run it thru a Notepad document, saved after every paste, then copy the whole to here at once, since here is known to "lose" all you entered when you click SUBMIT, and dump you back to a BLANK text entry screen.
Old March 7th, 2015, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Octania
that helps
I would not have guessed that "a gearlike thing" and then "share links" is the correct sub sub sub sub menu trick to accomplish that.

I am thinking run it thru a Notepad document, saved after every paste, then copy the whole to here at once, since here is known to "lose" all you entered when you click SUBMIT, and dump you back to a BLANK text entry screen.
Once you have your entire post written up and picture links installed you can highlight the entire text of the post and hit "ctrl+c", this is a hotkey for "copy". If the post is lost into cyberspace then you can re-open the area to post and hit "ctrl+v". This is the hotkey for "paste". Next time you use "copy" or "ctrl+c" it overwrites the last thing you copied. I do this a lot if I write up a long post.
Old March 8th, 2015, 10:54 AM

i alwats use the quick reply at the bottom of the page, its never timed out on me, dont know if it can. since your pasting links you dont need the advanced reply for pictures
Old March 8th, 2015, 03:35 PM

They really messed up Imageshack a few years ago. It used to be a FAR better site.