455 build with pictures and dyno test starts today

Search this Thread

Old April 20th, 2013, 06:18 AM

[QUOTE=VORTECPRO;536856YOU DONT EVEN HAVE EQUIPMENT TO MEASURE BEARING CLEARENCES, MUCH LESS CLEANING EQUIPMENT. And mayhem happened before according to the shop that dynos for you. Show me where I lied.

THE PROOFS IN THE PERFORMANCE[/QUOTE]

You assume a lot.

Dude just admit admit you lied and got caught for crissakes. My god.
Old April 20th, 2013, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassefi
You assume a lot.

Dude just admit admit you lied and got caught for crissakes. My god.
I actually know a lot from talking to people down in Florida. Put some pictures up of your cleaning and measuring equipment in your garage/engine building facility, you can clear this up right now. Show me where I lied. These pictures dont lie. LOL

THE PROOFS IN THE PERFORMANCE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
The Panos destruction 1.jpg (31.2 KB, 119 views)
Old April 20th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Chevy budget Olds powered

Vortec you are making your self look like an idiot. All you. Bring up is the panos build. And mark admited his fault so what's your point. Ron white said it best "you just can't fix stupid"
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
Vortec you are making your self look like an idiot. All you. Bring up is the panos build. And mark admited his fault so what's your point. Ron white said it best "you just can't fix stupid"
As an engine builder you dont send a engine over seas thats not right, much less have the customer speed 10 grand and not take care of the problem. Cutlass starts the factless attacks not me, I would be happy to just post on this forum when my 455 is done and dyno tested, but Mark has to constantly attack. Personally from looking at your posts, I dont think much of you either. As far as stupid goes you dont put a operation like mine together being stupid, or have the fastest pound for pound oval port big blocks on the planet. Stupid to myself would be getting behind Cutlas and backing him on these low end rebuilds that never make even decent power, much less last the test of time, can you show ANY builds he's done that made any power?? Ive never seen one owner of one of these engine ever come on here and defend him. You should wait for my 455 build, Ive said before I would be happy to have it independently dyno tested if the dyno was within 400 miles of myself, work on that instead of trying to dirty me up with lies and misinformation. Just think how you would feel if you were in Panos' shoes. Admitting fault and taking care of it are two different things.

Last edited by VORTECPRO; April 20th, 2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by VORTECPRO
I actually know a lot from talking to people down in Florida.
Name them. You're lying, again.

I still don't see your explanation. You have mine, you keep posting it. Where's yours?
http://highperformanceolds.com/phpbb...=4335&start=60

Last edited by cutlassefi; April 20th, 2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:18 AM

I don't care what you thinkn of me. Fwiw I have made no claims of saying I'm this or that. If you are a buisness man. What you are doing here is so unprofessional it's unreal. I work in the collision repair industry and if I treated potential customers like you I would not make money. Specially today where many people have so much technology at ther finger tips this thread does not help you or your buisness
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:18 AM

Name them. You're lying, again.
The shops were you have dyno tested. Post up the pictures of your cleaning and measuring equipment. Where did I lie?

THE PROOFS IN THE PERFORMANCE wheres your?????

Notice the beer up against the wall?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
panosrods1.jpg (66.6 KB, 128 views)

Last edited by VORTECPRO; April 20th, 2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:24 AM

I don't care what you thinkn of me. Fwiw I have made no claims of saying I'm this or that. If you are a buisness man. What you are doing here is so unprofessional it's unreal. I work in the collision repair industry and if I treated potential customers like you I would not make money. Specially today where many people have so much technology at ther finger tips this thread does not help you or your buisness
My buisness needs no help, my work speaks for itself, and theres a line at my front door. I know what you guys do in those insurance collision centers, no wonder you have no problem getting behind cutlassefi. Like I said cutlessefi starts it.

"Specially today where many people have so much technology at ther finger tips this thread does not help you or your buisness"

Ya, and that works well for me.......

Last edited by VORTECPRO; April 20th, 2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:41 AM

I work for a high end lexus dealership in a very rich community. We fix out cars to high standards. We stand behind our work and in one year we have not had one comeback just happy repeat customers. I back mark up because the guy comes here give free advice and actually contributes to the site. You on the other had are a clown with no circus tricks.
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:46 AM

I also want a picture of those customers waiting inline. If not then I'll just take that as a line. And I'm not talking about paper work orders. I need proof.
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:57 AM

i also want a picture of those customers waiting inline. If not then i'll just take that as a line. And i'm not talking about paper work orders. I need proof.
lol
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:59 AM

I work for a high end lexus dealership in a very rich community. We fix out cars to high standards. We stand behind our work and in one year we have not had one comeback just happy repeat customers. I back mark up because the guy comes here give free advice and actually contributes to the site. You on the other had are a clown with no circus tricks.
You back mark up because you like incompetence, and your posts prove it. I deal with people overseas often and they rely on us to do them right, thats far from what Panos' got.
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I grow weary of this buffoonery........
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:06 AM

Not really I build my own stuff and I'm willing to learn at my expense. I do all my own work and minus trans work. I want to know what you where doing and had when you where 23. I have a house I restored my own 72 cutlass and work for a very reputable lexus dealership. Incompetence. Far from it bud
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:07 AM
MOTORHEAD

J slap a master lock on this pleeze

Old April 20th, 2013, 08:17 AM

Is it my fault he spent twice as much putting in a SBC instead of fixing the 455 himself as he said he wanted to? I don't think so.
Panos, did I ever say I wouldn't try to help in some way? Were we correct or incorrect on the fuel issue, be honest.
Mark i didnt spent twice as much for the cheby! a new 455 rotating assembly cost about 2000us + machine work, i bought a brand new sbc vortec with alum.heads 418hp for 2950+300 for stuff to make it fit!
Yes you helped me with new pushrods and gaskets but dont forget that almost all of them where bent because they were too long and were touching the backside of the alum roller tip living marks on all of them!
Right or wrong about the fuel? i dont know but i DO know it was NOT detonation period,not a single sign of it in Engine parts.Maybe im naive but i still Think that you are a good guy and really dont want to harm your busines but i dont see it right that i have to pay anymore for this Engine when it wasnt my fault and alredy waited almost a year and paid already 10grand.You still want to help? sent me balanced a rotating assembly and im willing to pay for machine work and cleaning.
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:21 AM

Not really I build my own stuff and I'm willing to learn at my expense. I do all my own work and minus trans work. I want to know what you where doing and had when you where 23. I have a house I restored my own 72 cutlass and work for a very reputable lexus dealership. Incompetence. Far from it bud
I can tell you do well from looking at your Olds there.....
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by panos
Mark i didnt spent twice as much for the cheby! a new 455 rotating assembly cost about 2000us + machine work, i bought a brand new sbc vortec with alum.heads 418hp for 2950+300 for stuff to make it fit!
Yes you helped me with new pushrods and gaskets but dont forget that almost all of them where bent because they were too long and were touching the backside of the alum roller tip living marks on all of them!
Right or wrong about the fuel? i dont know but i DO know it was NOT detonation period,not a single sign of it in Engine parts.Maybe im naive but i still Think that you are a good guy and really dont want to harm your busines but i dont see it right that i have to pay anymore for this Engine when it wasnt my fault and alredy waited almost a year and paid already 10grand.You still want to help? sent me balanced a rotating assembly and im willing to pay for machine work and cleaning.
Panos, steel shot destroyed your engine, pure and simple, it hurt the bearings on the .dyno, they were replaced and the engine was shipped to you, as you drove the car the engine was eating itself up from comtamination
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Administrator

I just got done rereading this entire post, my .02:

I was around when Panos had his engine fail, and I don't remember what compensation was agreed to at that time other than Panos was out 10 grand + incidentals. Personally I think Panos's request is not out of line. I like and respect you but I think you ought to step up here and do the right thing to put this thing to rest.

We all know **** happens, the only real loser here is Panos.
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:52 AM

Vortec pro I don't do well . I get by make do or do with out. I don't wanna giive the impression I'm some loaded a hole because if I had the money I would send an engine to get built instead of scrounging for parts and deals to get my stuff runing. My sig line is I'm on a chevy budget for a reason.
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:55 AM

Vortec pro I don't do well . I get by make do or do with out. I don't wanna giive the impression I'm some loaded a hole because if I had the money I would send an engine to get built instead of scrounging for parts and deals to get my stuff runing. My sig line is I'm on a chevy budget for a reason.
THeres nothing wrong with the way you do it, doing more with less is good.
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Originally Posted by 1971four4two
j slap a master lock on this pleeze
I can't just yet.......

If all men on here spoke with honesty, good character, and presented their own factual information about their successes and failures, embarrassing or not.... this type of thread wouldn't exist.

I am only interested in facts, not mudslinging. Smear campaigns often take place nearest to where the truth is hidden however.

FACT: Vortecpro's welded chamber heads are J's. I can tell by looking at them.
FACT: They are not on a running engine to prove the claimed 330cfm flow capabilities.

FACT: Panos's engine that Cutlassefi put together, both leaked, and blew up.
FACT: I was not present when the finance dealings were made between them.
Did I miss anything here? Why does it take 10 pages to say this stuff?

Opinion: Us as Classicoldsmobile members should stay out of people's personal business.

THAT BEING SAID.........

When you guys clown around on here shooting your mouths off about dyno dates and flow numbers etc. Promising 26000 people on here things that never happen, and inviting them all into your life and business..... things like this happen, and it is no longer easy to control as your own.

Please stop your blathering, build something fun, and build it right.

Then you may begin to bother us about showing it off.
Old April 20th, 2013, 11:36 AM

I did a quick Google search on "Vortecpro" and found a bunch. He seems be a good builder of Chevy motors, but no mention of even one Olds. He has a standard MO of calling out any other engine builder he can. He even challenged a well know off shore engine builder (Bob Madera of Madera/Haxby) to a dyno test. Any of Bob's 454s against his "peanut port" 454. Then to top it off, he told Bob to put up some money to show he was a real man. Bob said OK .......... how about $10,000. Needless to say, Vortecpro backed out with some sort of kiss a$$ excuse that he realized they were just two of a kind engine builders striving for the same goal.
Then, Vortecpro has a motor that the customer is unhappy with in Texas. It leaks and seems to have an assortment of problems. The customer wants Vortecpro to take it back which at one point Vortecpro agrees to. Then he changes his mind stating the guy is bugging him and he's tired of it. He goes on and tells the guy "Fu** off Ni##er".
Cutlassefi has had problems with the Panos build, as we all know, but I don't think he has called Panos a Ni##er yet.
Vortecpro has been banned from the 67-72 truck forum because of the same behavior he displays on this forum. Constant bickering and calling out of everyone and anyone.
I'm new to this site, but I felt I had to say something before Vortecpro turns it in to nothing more than a sounding board for his asinine claims and rantings.
IF the mods happen to read this, PLEASE ban this jerk. He brings nothing good to the table. If you (VORTECPRO) happen to read this, PLEASE ban yourself, LOL, and stop clicking on my profile page. You are the only visitor and you have hit it over 450 times! It's starting to CREEP me out.
Old April 20th, 2013, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by not442
I did a quick Google search on "Vortecpro" and found a bunch. He seems be a good builder of Chevy motors, but no mention of even one Olds. He has a standard MO of calling out any other engine builder he can. He even challenged a well know off shore engine builder (Bob Madera of Madera/Haxby) to a dyno test. Any of Bob's 454s against his "peanut port" 454. Then to top it off, he told Bob to put up some money to show he was a real man. Bob said OK .......... how about $10,000. Needless to say, Vortecpro backed out with some sort of kiss a$$ excuse that he realized they were just two of a kind engine builders striving for the same goal.
Then, Vortecpro has a motor that the customer is unhappy with in Texas. It leaks and seems to have an assortment of problems. The customer wants Vortecpro to take it back which at one point Vortecpro agrees to. Then he changes his mind stating the guy is bugging him and he's tired of it. He goes on and tells the guy "Fu** off Ni##er".
Cutlassefi has had problems with the Panos build, as we all know, but I don't think he has called Panos a Ni##er yet.
Vortecpro has been banned from the 67-72 truck forum because of the same behavior he displays on this forum. Constant bickering and calling out of everyone and anyone.
I'm new to this site, but I felt I had to say something before Vortecpro turns it in to nothing more than a sounding board for his asinine claims and rantings.
IF the mods happen to read this, PLEASE ban this jerk. He brings nothing good to the table. If you (VORTECPRO) happen to read this, PLEASE ban yourself, LOL, and stop clicking on my profile page. You are the only visitor and you have hit it over 450 times! It's starting to CREEP me out.
I will address who and what you are tonight. Lets see, is it arlo, two junkers, mark guthrie, not 442, which is it?
Well its tonight. More misinformation and lies, not 442, two junkers, arlo guthrie, mark guthrie which ever one your going by, you know exactly how my 455 going to run, after you've made a career out of stalking me on the internet, along with working the welfare system, great at both. Should I copy and paste your diatribe of BS, proven inept time after time. So heres the facts junker, please feel free to try and dispute these facts:

1. Known thief, you've stole from me
2. Lives off welfare
3. 57 plus years old and still lives with his mom
4. Pathological liar
5. Mentally ill
6. Internet stalker supreme

Now theres more but no one has the time. I run a very successful buisness, Ive sold hundreds of engines, and thats the best you can come up with? And you can bet I never spun every bearing in the engine then replaced them and sent the engine overseas. You know exactly how my 455 going to run, your desperate attempt to keep that from happening. The build coming. Now go back to counting the days till your welfare ck comes. I will ask you again, have you ever done anything in your pathetic life?

Last edited by VORTECPRO; April 20th, 2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old April 20th, 2013, 02:08 PM

I think someone needs a woman to argue with - not fellow Olds enthusiasts!
See where that gets ya!
Old April 20th, 2013, 02:22 PM

now thats funny
Old April 20th, 2013, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rickman48
I think someone needs a woman to argue with - not fellow Olds enthusiasts!
See where that gets ya!
Oh come on now, that's pretty harsh. You KNOW with that charming personality he has fine women crawling all over him..........
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by J-(Chicago)
I can't just yet.......

If all men on here spoke with honesty, good character, and presented their own factual information about their successes and failures, embarrassing or not.... this type of thread wouldn't exist.

I am only interested in facts, not mudslinging. Smear campaigns often take place nearest to where the truth is hidden however.

FACT: Vortecpro's welded chamber heads are J's. I can tell by looking at them.
FACT: They are not on a running engine to prove the claimed 330cfm flow capabilities.

FACT: Panos's engine that Cutlassefi put together, both leaked, and blew up.
FACT: I was not present when the finance dealings were made between them.
Did I miss anything here? Why does it take 10 pages to say this stuff?

Opinion: Us as Classicoldsmobile members should stay out of people's personal business.

THAT BEING SAID.........

When you guys clown around on here shooting your mouths off about dyno dates and flow numbers etc. Promising 26000 people on here things that never happen, and inviting them all into your life and business..... things like this happen, and it is no longer easy to control as your own.

Please stop your blathering, build something fun, and build it right.

Then you may begin to bother us about showing it off.
Since you want to talk about facts:
1. The picture of the intake tract is a different head than the picture of the combustion chamber, the intake runner shot is not a J head and does flow 330 CFM @ 28 inches.

2. My unwelded G head went 294 CFM @ peak lift

3. Im not on anyones schedule except my own, and dont forget that.

4. One other thing, the fastest production blocked and headed GM engines pound for pound come out of my shop.
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:30 PM

You must mean the most sand pounding hands down comes from your shop.
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:35 PM

Old April 20th, 2013, 07:43 PM

You must mean the most sand pounding hands down comes from your shop.
1. Two strait hot street championships, undefeated in every race except one, held both ends of the record by a 1/2 second, 550 inch NA 10 inch tire, @ 3350 pounds.

2. Fastest 30x9 tire full interior camaro, production block, BTW smokes Milan

3. Fastest and quickest GM iron oval port production block 3600 pound Chevelle on a 10 inch tire

4. The list goes on, just curious, what have you done??
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:44 PM

Copper Cutlass I LMAO this is the best response to this %#$#$#$ and I hope this is THE END!!!
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:49 PM

Oh you must have my pounding sand comment mistaken. IM just saying you do alot of sand pounding. Not that you have not accomlished anything. To me your accomplishments are worthless. None of that means anything to me nor do i care. So proceed to your normal ramblings.
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:52 PM

Oh you must have my pounding sand comment mistaken. IM just saying you do alot of sand pounding. Not that you have not accomlished anything. To me your accomplishments are worthless. None of that means anything to me nor do i care. So proceed to your normal ramblings.
It would be nice if you guys would just stop, save it for the 455 build. I didnt start this.
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:54 PM

Im sorry im fresh out of giving a crap for the day.
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Lt. Buzzkill (ret.)

...undefeated in every race except one...
So, not really "undefeated", right?
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:40 PM

I will address who and what you are tonight. Lets see, is it arlo, two junkers, mark guthrie, not 442, which is it?
Well its tonight. More misinformation and lies, not 442, two junkers, arlo guthrie, mark guthrie which ever one your going by, you know exactly how my 455 going to run, after you've made a career out of stalking me on the internet, along with working the welfare system, great at both. Should I copy and paste your diatribe of BS, proven inept time after time. So heres the facts junker, please feel free to try and dispute these facts:

1. Known thief, you've stole from me
2. Lives off welfare
3. 57 plus years old and still lives with his mom
4. Pathological liar
5. Mentally ill
6. Internet stalker supreme

Now theres more but no one has the time. I run a very successful buisness, Ive sold hundreds of engines, and thats the best you can come up with? And you can bet I never spun every bearing in the engine then replaced them and sent the engine overseas. You know exactly how my 455 going to run, your desperate attempt to keep that from happening. The build coming. Now go back to counting the days till your welfare ck comes. I will ask you again, have you ever done anything in your pathetic life?

LMFAO ............ Kick that dead horse Jones. #s 1 to 3 are your opinions with no proof of any kind to back them up. #4 you have me confused with you. #5 Is totally true, because I tried to help you increase your business back in 2006. I must have been NUTS! #6 Hey you're the one that has hit my profile more than 450 times and you call me a stalker, LOL
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Since you want to talk about facts:
1. The picture of the intake tract is a different head than the picture of the combustion chamber, the intake runner shot is not a J head and does flow 330 CFM @ 28 inches.

2. My unwelded G head went 294 CFM @ peak lift

3. Im not on anyones schedule except my own, and dont forget that.

4. One other thing, the fastest production blocked and headed GM engines pound for pound come out of my shop.
All right..... now we are getting more realistic.
Did you end up cutting into the pushrod holes and bushing them? or was this moreso achieved by welding and raising the ports?
Old June 7th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Full-time Taxpayer

Thanks for your interest. Im in the middle of it right now, I will post the pictures along with the dyno test when the project is done, followed up with the drag strip times.
Soo whatever became of this??? dyno tests??? Dragstrip times?
Old June 8th, 2014, 04:56 AM

I just read this whole thread again,what a mess!

Quick Reply: 455 build with pictures and dyno test starts today