Any one ever seen this?

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2010, 02:01 PM

Any one ever seen this?

Its ah efi kit for a sbo and bbo. If its not out of the ordinary enough that you have an olds hell spin some heads and ad efi to it lol. http://www.massfloefi.com/mass-flo-s...-c-1_6?sort=3d
Old February 13th, 2010, 02:11 PM

I'll sell you a better system for the same money, like the one that's on mine. When you're ready let me know.

That won't do half what a host of others will do. Plus if you have any amount of cam be ready to f... with it a bunch. The manifold is the big battle. Get that squared away and you can control it with whatever you want. Again I'll get you something better for the same money, guaranteed!
Old February 13th, 2010, 07:24 PM

cut;assefi,

Not to hijack the thread but tell us/me more about your EFI
Old February 14th, 2010, 08:00 AM

As much as I would love to EFI my Oldsmobile for a turbo application, the cost for this unit shown, would be more than 3 engines, and the car I own.
I know it can be done less expensively (i.e. no price gouging), Mark-show us more of what you have done.
Jim

Last edited by Warhead; February 14th, 2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old February 14th, 2010, 08:29 AM

Go in at http://www.mrgaskettv.com/featured_l...=true#playlist and then choose from the playlist:"Using an ACCEL DFI has endless benefits.Part 2" Thats Mark talking about the efi.
Old February 14th, 2010, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by panos
Go in at http://www.mrgaskettv.com/featured_l...=true#playlist and then choose from the playlist:"Using an ACCEL DFI has endless benefits.Part 2" Thats Mark talking about the efi.
Thanks Panos,

If you go to part 1 you'll see my burnout and my car. To answer your question Citcapp, it's a numbers matching 350 with a mild roller and stock heads. The intake is an EFI'd RPM with a 1200 cfm throttle body. The controller is an Accel Gen 7 with dual widebands.

Here are some major differences in the Accel Gen 7/Thruster vs the MassAirFlow system or the Retrotek (Professional Products) and a host of others.

They won't do sequential, don't datalog (great for trouble shooting as well), don't cough up fault codes, don't have independently programmable mulitple fan control, won't lockup your converter on a GM trans, won't do Nitrous, won't kick off your A/C clutch under hard acceleration etc. etc. Don't have 8 transient fueling tables to tune with, can't tolerate big cams, the Mass Air has a big problem with this. And if you happen to drive up and down a mountain the Retrotek doesn't have a barometer in it so your tune will change significantly. I believe the Mass Air does have one but you have to cycle the key to reset it. Try that while your driving down a mountain!!!!

What they are is a compromise, Will your car run better with one? Yes, as long as it is a mild application. But their fuel and spark maps aren't as programmable like the Accel, FAST and others. Most are preset so you better hope your optimum air/fuels are what they set for you, same goes with the spark tables. Some only have the capability to change timing 20 degrees. My car idles at about 18 but under cruise I have 44 dialed in. Can't do that with theirs. How about cold start timing? Infinitely adjustable with the Accel, theirs is preprogrammed if it has it all.

As far as self learning/adaptable tuning? Simple, they do the same thing the OE's do, except their systems have no floor or ceiling. What does that mean? Example, lets say you develope an exhaust leak, it gets worse and suppose it's near the O2. Guess what, it'll continue to add fuel, maybe washing out cylinders etc because it sees a lean condition. With others it will compensate to some degree but too much and it will kick a fault code and run poorly, you can then hook up your laptop and view the reason for yourself, just like OEM. The bad news is their system isn't but a couple hundred dollars less than some other better ones. Think about it before you do anything. I always tell people to download their software, view and then compare it. That'll tell you alot from the start.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by cutlassefi; February 14th, 2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old February 14th, 2010, 01:46 PM

Nice link.
What kind of power will this support?
Who does the modified manifold, and fuel rails for an Oldsmobile application?
What would the total cost of the finished, running system go for?
Jim
Old February 14th, 2010, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Warhead
Nice link.
What kind of power will this support?
Who does the modified manifold, and fuel rails for an Oldsmobile application?
What would the total cost of the finished, running system go for?
Jim
Well they did a Twin turbo 400c.i. LS that made 2058hp, it was in Hot Rod a couple of years ago.

About 4K for a BBO give or take a couple hundred. That's with a wideband and billet dual sync distributor to run in sequential mode. A BBO is a bit cheaper than a SBO cuz Professional Products makes an EFI ready intake for the big block with rails and regulator. Those sell for under $500.00 complete.