H Head Spring Etc...Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2019, 01:37 PM

H Head Spring Etc...Recommendations

Hi all,

Looking to replace the springs, rockers & stands, and valves on this set of H heads. I would like to keep the valve train pretty much stock. Can I get some recommendations, please?
Old August 26th, 2019, 02:42 PM

Hello all,

I've been able to find everything except intake valves. I believe they are the 2.072" valve for the H heads. All I've been able to find are the 2" . Is there a good valve available? I don't want to spend $300 on a set of intake valves. We will not be racing this car.
Old August 26th, 2019, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by friesjh
Hello all,

I've been able to find everything except intake valves. I believe they are the 2.072" valve for the H heads. All I've been able to find are the 2" . Is there a good valve available? I don't want to spend $300 on a set of intake valves. We will not be racing this car.
If you’re looking for std length valves then there’s a host of options, SI, SBI etc
Old August 27th, 2019, 04:40 PM

I have been using SBI (Eloy) for stock valves for years. They are very high quality and reasonably priced. You will have to get your machine shop to get them for you.
Old August 27th, 2019, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by BillK
I have been using SBI (Eloy) for stock valves for years. They are very high quality and reasonably priced. You will have to get your machine shop to get them for you.
Bill, Who makes SBI valves and where are they manufactured? Are they the same as Engine Pro, manufactured in Brazil? Thanks
Old August 28th, 2019, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by brownbomber77
Bill, Who makes SBI valves and where are they manufactured? Are they the same as Engine Pro, manufactured in Brazil? Thanks
I am not sure who makes the valves for SBI They are made in various places around the world just like everything else now days. I just looked at a couple of boxes I have here and some are made in China and others in Taiwan and two boxes of springs that are made in USA. We have been using their lifters for the late model Hemis and they are made in Germany and seem to be the same as OEM.

I dont think it really matters where something is made as long as the selling company has the QC to make sure the part is made correctly and SBI seems to be on top of that
I don't use many of their performance valves but I think they are comparable if not better than the Engine Pro ones. I have not used any Engine Pro valves since the local warehouse closed and that was quite a while ago.

Here is a link to their web site: http://www.sbintl.com/

Last edited by BillK; August 28th, 2019 at 04:29 AM.
Old August 28th, 2019, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by friesjh
Hello all,

I've been able to find everything except intake valves. I believe they are the 2.072" valve for the H heads.
Eloy part number 01002