rotating assembly kit recomendations?

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2018, 03:39 PM

rotating assembly kit recomendations?

I'm interested in pre-balanced rotating assembly kits that do pistons, rings, crank, rods, etc.
I have a 71 olds 455. It has stock 68 C heads.

As far as I know it has never been overbored, should be stock bore although it has had a couple owners before me. I've had the heads off before and the pistons look stock. However I know I should get one of them tools to measure my cylinder bores, and maybe do some honing while the pistons are out?
I have a comp 268H street/strip cam. Stock rockers and pushrods, I have fixed rockers with bolts, they are not adjustable.

I was interested in forged pistons/rods to fit my application. Can I do flat top with valve reliefs? Would dome top with valve reliefs be to much?

What brand would be reliable and have good quality parts at a descent price?
I run 87 octane now, Would I be able to get away with premium pump gas with flat tops?
Old January 29th, 2018, 04:35 PM

I can put something together for you but you can use your existing crank if you like, then just get the rods and pistons and have it balanced.
I’d figure on boring it .030 over anyway so that you can start with nice straight and round bores. And yes you’ll be able to run premium pump gas with no problem.
Hope this helps.