W-69 Tri-Carb intake modifications

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2014, 08:07 AM

W-69 Tri-Carb intake modifications

I'm looking to find anyone who has a Tri-carb intake which has been modified for better flow. A while back while reading a tread about casting numbers a member said that he had multilel W-69 intakes and that one or more had been ported. I would really like to hear more about what was done and see pictures if possible. I'm involved in a all iron ('A' heads/ 'B' block) 442 cu.in, lightened rotational mass, build for my 65 442 4spd. I have a W-69 induction and will be using it on this engine. I'm concerned with the breathing capacity of the stock unit, if anyone can report flow bench results on one, that would be great, but without that information I'm making the assumption that at 6500rpm I might be running out of breath-ability. I'm expecting to extrude hone the intake and I can have the carb throats massaged if necessary but I'd like to know what others have done to these units in the past and what worked and what didn't if anyone has the information. Mine is an AZ unit and as I understand late production and perhaps the better manifold to own. So I don't want to fly off the handle and do a lot of modification if not necessary, I'd really prefer to do nothing at all, if I've actually got enough capacity with the stock configuration. any help or information will be greatly appreciated, Thanks