Looking for help from fellow Alberta /Saskatchewan members

Search this Thread

Old July 3rd, 2019, 07:00 AM

Looking for help from fellow Alberta /Saskatchewan members

Hey everyone, I am looking for some advice/help from fellow Olds members in the Calgary to Saskatoon area of western Canada. Bit of background I have a 70 442 that spun a rod on the weekend, haven't got a chance to tear into it yet but pretty confident saying this is the issue. Either way I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good machine shop in Alberta/ Saskatchewan that has experience with olds 455's. Also I was wondering if anyone had a crank and rods they would be willing the part with for a reasonable price, trying to plan for the worst. Upgrading to new stuff would be ideal but that just isn't an option right now with my current financial situation. Might be a pipe dream but I would ideally like to have the car back onto the road this summer and then I could pull the engine again this winter when I will have more time and money.
Old July 3rd, 2019, 10:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Taylor, maybe you could ask Ken Pilidis where he had his 455 rebuilt. He's the president of the Northern Lights Chapter Oldsmobile club. Here's a link to his PM on that site Northern Lights Executive List
Where in Edmonton are you? I'm up in Castlebrook.
Old July 3rd, 2019, 12:48 PM

It may not be crankshaft parts but this guy has been trying to sell this engine for a while and it sounds like it's healthy. If you goal is to get back on the road ASAP this might be an option ( https://www.kijiji.ca/v-engines-and-engine-parts/red-deer/455-olds-big-block/1432872587?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true ) If you showed up with cash you could likely get the price down some more.

Last edited by EarlSpilner; July 6th, 2019 at 11:44 AM.
Old July 4th, 2019, 10:32 PM
Out of Line, Everytime😉

Originally Posted by EarlSpilner
It may not be crankshaft parts but this guy has been trying to sell this engine for a while and it sounds like it's healthy. If you gold is to get back on the rod ASAP this might be an option ( https://www.kijiji.ca/v-engines-and-engine-parts/red-deer/455-olds-big-block/1432872587?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true ) If you showed up with cash you could likely get the price down some more.
This guy is an idiot using a sbc in place of a 455 in a truck. Dave uses Joss Engines in Lethbridge.