"Rare" Options - Page 5 - ClassicOldsmobile.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 13th, 2018, 06:27 AM   #161  

Those do look similar to what is on my car, but I don't know if they are the same. Those look chrome and I believe mine are brushed aluminum and the strip that is designed to bolt down on those is in line with the rest of the piece while mine is at roughly a 90 degree angle as it bolts to the bottom of the car. What is the length and vertical height of those? For the height can you tell me the height of the pretty part minus the bolt down strip too?
I'm not sure now if I should keep the piece now since it appears from prior comments that it is not original. But options are good things to have if I change my mind.
Thanks,
Jack
NiceOld(s)Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2018, 12:19 PM   #162  

I bet there could be rust under there and the "let's use a molding to cover it instead of fixing it" trick was used.

It's your car, do what you want, but, anyone who knows anything about these cars will notice it as wrong. Especially with both of them there (the correct and the incorrect), and you'll probably get tired of people pointing it out.
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote