Replacing Bushings & Shocks - looking brand and type preferences/recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old February 14th, 2013, 10:16 AM

Replacing Bushings & Shocks - looking brand and type preferences/recommendations?

So the next project on our list is to replace the bushings and shocks. I'm looking for suggestions on types and brand recommendations. I'm not necessarily looking for stock replacements but overall I'm not looking to make drastic changes.

Any feedback on the use of rubber vs. poly (or a combination of both) would be appreciated.

Also looking for recommendations on types and specific brands of shocks as well.

Anything you've had a bad experience with would be valuable info too!

Thanks in advance, and if there is any other work I should do while we are at here please let me know.
Old February 14th, 2013, 05:29 PM

If you choose rubber, go with Moog if you cherish the car any. They are excellent. They feel firm but not harsh.
I have been happy with Bilstein shocks, too - just had to paint them a decent color.
Old February 14th, 2013, 05:55 PM
jfb

I posted this before and it came with my ho kit and is very heavy duty road race type thickness a full front end kit from ho. I am not sure if they or malibu are still in the trade though. I would use moog usa parts complete and kyb shocks and count the teeth and copy for proper toe upon replacing and put the shim packs back in the uppers and marked for each side for caster and proper camber also by the way has your car ever been in a front end crash if so get the frame checked out also for a proper alignment to. get 1 and 3 eights bars front rear from hellwig plus edelbrock rear arms and new hardware also plus 235 60 14,s and your car will handle very well and consider short edelbrock traction bars fro the rear when rebuilding it goes together with it all and get grade eight hardware. by the way 15 inch tires will cause some ride harshness.