restore or resto-mod???

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2008, 08:31 PM

restore or resto-mod???

i have a 71 442 that is not numbers matching and has had some heavy body work done, the front passenger fender is off of a cutlass. So because of all that i'm on the fence about whether to restore it more to its original or throw a little hod rod into it. i dont see myself keeping the car forever because it's not my favorite body style, which is more likely to bring the higher dollar amount when i do decide to sell it? any opinions?
Old March 12th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by luckyman15
i have a 71 442 that is not numbers matching and has had some heavy body work done, the front passenger fender is off of a cutlass. So because of all that i'm on the fence about whether to restore it more to its original or throw a little hod rod into it. i dont see myself keeping the car forever because it's not my favorite body style, which is more likely to bring the higher dollar amount when i do decide to sell it? any opinions?
Totally original will bring the highest resale. On the other hand, if all you do is bolt-on parts, the car can always be returned to original when you decide to sell. Thinks like headers and aftermarket exhaust typically do not detract much from the sale price, particularly if you also have the original manifolds.