What are "F" heads going for today?

Search this Thread

Old November 22nd, 2010, 06:34 PM

Hi Guys,

Yeah....seems it's raining F heads all of a sudden. Two sets on eBay....two sets on Craig's list.....a set that recently sold in Houston on Craig's list. Somebody must have let the cat out of the bag that I might be looking for a set. )

Good data to see what the going price is.

I'm seeing a lot of OAI air cleaner assemblies with the "OLDSMOBILE" painted......including these F head listings. But that's a subject we covered in another post.

Thanks for the info guys,
bob
Old November 23rd, 2010, 06:52 AM

Bob the same thing happened several years ago for the Fuel Injection heads for the 57 Corvette. They were very hard to find until the price hit $5000 and then they were everywhere, if you could afford them. Nothing like money to instigate finding rare parts in the basement.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 07:05 PM

Hi Bkeese,

Yup....you're right. For what F heads are going for I'd sure sell a set if I had them laying around. Funny thing is when the W30 intakes started going for $750 and up they started repoping them. F heads have been going for more than that for years, yet no one seems to be remaking them. Seems like a no brainer, as you only need one casting mold.....the right and left heads are indentical. Oh well....what do I know?

Thanks,
bob
Old November 27th, 2010, 03:31 PM

they're coming out of the woodwork

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-...Q5fAccessories
Old November 27th, 2010, 03:38 PM

Nice collection of parts! I don't care for his sales pitch though...

"Use this to turn your ordinary Lansing,Michigan made 1970 442 into a true W Machine. Increase the value of your car 2 to 4 times its value in its curent state."

I'm sure he'll get some comments from people about this statement!

John
Old November 27th, 2010, 03:48 PM

Well, I have set of F heads I will sell you for $120,000 and I will throw in the car for free !!!

But seriously, this past spring I saw a pair of F heads and an aluminum W27 axle for sale (I think it was craiglist) both on LI. I called the axle guy several times. He was asking $10K $8K for the axle. I also spoke with the guy with the F heads since he had other parts available that I wanted.

The best the axle guy would give on the axle, if I recall, was $6,500. I nearly went for it....I called him one more time to say I wanted to drive out to look at it (he is about an hour from me). However, he said he had sold it for the original asking price of $8K. I never followed up on the F head guy.......but I remember he told me he wouldn't let them go for less then $8K.
Old December 1st, 2010, 07:04 PM

Well....looks like Joe P. called it right. Of the three sets of "F" heads for sale on eBay these past few weeks none came even remotely close to meeting the reserve....nor did they sell.

There's a set of bare Ka heads on eBay now that have a bid at $400 bucks...which surprises me. I figured these were $100 to $200 heads. Seems I'm living 10 years in the past when it comes to estimating the value of Olds parts.

take care,
bob