New Floor Pan Question

Search this Thread

Old June 8th, 2012, 09:54 AM

New Floor Pan Question

I have detected some rust on the floor pans in my 66 442. I am wondering if the replacement pans that are out there have all the necessary holes pre-drilled? Seat belts, bucket seats, etc? I don't have the capability to take the body off of the frame, is it possible to do most of the repairs with the body on? Is there a preferred vendor?
Thanks,
Randy
Old June 8th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by RandyS
I have detected some rust on the floor pans in my 66 442. I am wondering if the replacement pans that are out there have all the necessary holes pre-drilled? Seat belts, bucket seats, etc? I don't have the capability to take the body off of the frame, is it possible to do most of the repairs with the body on? Is there a preferred vendor?
Thanks,
Randy
Your pans are common with 1964-67 Chevelles, so EVERYONE sells them. You can get one piece entire floors, partial floors, or just the footwells. The one piece floor is the best product and uses the factory spot seams, but it requires taking the body off the frame to install. The others can go in from the top but the seams won't look as nice. You may not care, since it's only visible from under the car.
Old June 8th, 2012, 06:04 PM

"I don't have the capability to take the body off of the frame"

Engine crane and some space and time...
Old June 8th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Rodney

Best floorpans

Who makes the best fitting full-length floor pan? My '72 442 convertible has serious rust thru and I don't want the least amount of evidence of the repair. From the previous posts it sound like the full pan requires the body off the frame. Would this still apply to the convertible as there is no roof to limit access? Thanks!