Wagon vs 4 door cutlass sheet metal

Search this Thread

Old April 20th, 2015, 05:48 PM

Wagon vs 4 door cutlass sheet metal

I just purchased a 71 Vista Cruiser. I need to find out what sheet metal is interchangeable. Looking for a driver's side front floor and doors. Are the rear doors the same as the 4 door?
Old April 20th, 2015, 06:30 PM

Vista Cruiser & 4 door post cars share the same front doors. Vista rear doors are Vista specific. Cutlass Cruiser & 4 door post cars share rear doors.
I have a Vista driver door but it will be a few days before I can get pix of it. I'm in Indy & can ship.
Old April 21st, 2015, 06:13 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by NJRob
I just purchased a 71 Vista Cruiser. I need to find out what sheet metal is interchangeable. Looking for a driver's side front floor and doors. Are the rear doors the same as the 4 door?
The VC has a wheelbase that is 5" longer than on other wagons and four doors. That extra length is all in the doors.
Old May 7th, 2015, 05:18 AM

Re: 71 vista parts

How about the outer wheel housing? I got a new lower quarter but the outer wheel housing is rotted too.
Old April 14th, 2016, 06:55 AM

Vista Cruiser only??

I guess NJRob and I are in the same boat... I just recently purchased a 72 Vista Cruiser... Mine has a slight iron deficiency in the quarter panels and the wheel arches...
So is there like a central dumping ground for interchangeability??

If the rear doors are VC specific, are the rear door interior panels also VC specific????? window felts? door seals??

Looking through the parts catalogs OPGI, YearOne, etc.... not a whole lot of reference to Cruiser parts...
Been a GM fan for bunches of years (cut my teeth on Buicks, when they were "grandma cars"... if anybody needs info on their "switch pitch torque converters...let me know) and am aware of some of the universal nature of a lot of the GM parts.... Or do I just get to pester you guys???

thanks for offering up your experience... and maybe we should just create our own "interchange guide" for Vista Cruisers??? I have a Hollander Interchange junkyard book that covers a lot of what might be needed, if anyone is interested...
mobjack68
Old April 14th, 2016, 06:58 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by mobjack68
I guess NJRob and I are in the same boat... I just recently purchased a 72 Vista Cruiser... Mine has a slight iron deficiency in the quarter panels and the wheel arches...
So is there like a central dumping ground for interchangeability??

If the rear doors are VC specific, are the rear door interior panels also VC specific????? window felts? door seals??

Looking through the parts catalogs OPGI, YearOne, etc.... not a whole lot of reference to Cruiser parts...
Been a GM fan for bunches of years (cut my teeth on Buicks, when they were "grandma cars"... if anybody needs info on their "switch pitch torque converters...let me know) and am aware of some of the universal nature of a lot of the GM parts.... Or do I just get to pester you guys???

thanks for offering up your experience... and maybe we should just create our own "interchange guide" for Vista Cruisers??? I have a Hollander Interchange junkyard book that covers a lot of what might be needed, if anyone is interested...
mobjack68
The VC rear doors are 5" longer than those on any other A-body four door. Everything about them is unique to the VC (except bits like the door handles).
Old April 14th, 2016, 12:54 PM
Gary

Originally Posted by mobjack68
mobjack68
Fusick lists some Vista-Cruiser-specific parts.