jetaway trans

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2011, 06:17 PM

jetaway trans

I have a 64 Olds cutlass with the jetaway trans(variable pitch converter)and I am trying to figiure out how the plug on the side of the trans comes off. I tried turning and pulling but nothing too hard for fear of breaking something. I am pulling the engine to clean things up and leaving the trans in place. If you can give me some insight I would greatly appreciate it.
Old January 12th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 64oldsguy
I have a 64 Olds cutlass with the jetaway trans(variable pitch converter)and I am trying to figiure out how the plug on the side of the trans comes off. I tried turning and pulling but nothing too hard for fear of breaking something. I am pulling the engine to clean things up and leaving the trans in place. If you can give me some insight I would greatly appreciate it.
It should just pull straight off. There's no locking tab.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:32 PM

Jetaway kick-down connector

64oldsguy, The plug should pull straight out, just as Joe stated. Jockey the plug back & forth while pulling. The prongs on the tranny-mounted connector may have been slightly bent to increase tension and make the connection more reliable. Sorry for the delay in responding. Work has kept me away from the keyboard far too long now! Good luck and Happy Motoring!!! jimjr.