New Transmission Lines

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2010, 08:27 AM

New Transmission Lines

I have a 1970 Cutlass with a TH400. The transmission lines were cut and rubber hose spliced into them for some reason, perhaps a header issue, I do not know. I recently purchased new lines from inlinetube.com. Since I don't have original lines, I'm having trouble determining how the new lines should be installed. The new lines have some large bends and I'm not sure if they go along the inside of the frame, along the top of the frame, or how exactly... Anyone have some pics, or can explain to me how the lines are routed? It may be intuitive once I start taking things apart, but any help before hand would be appreciated.
Old October 24th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Nutless Supreme.

I dont have my car nearby to check exactly how they go, Im sure theres someone on this site that will be able to hook you up with some picures. But some advice from personal experience, if you are running headers, try to route the lines some distance away from the headers as they run pretty close in the factory position. It shouldn't be anything more than a few mild bends when installing. I would also recommend going to the parts store and picking up some slip-on heat shielding. Its not very expnsive and will help keep the tranny temps down some. Good luck!