Site Help Ask your questions here about how to use the site.

Unable to send private message !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old February 10th, 2016, 11:22 PM

Unable to send private message !!!!!

I thought I would respond to a private message and go to sleep. Logged in and was welcomed. Composed the message five times, each time differently. Difficult to write the same message five times identically. Tried to submit message,but after sending I was told I WAS NOT SIGNED IN. Again five times. I stopped. One of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing repeadedly and expecting the same results. Lost 2.5 hours of sleep.

DIEGO I AM TRYING TO RESPOND BUT CAN'T!!
Old February 11th, 2016, 04:21 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

You've got a problem with your browser accepting cookies from the InternetBrands ClassicOlds server.

- Eric
Old February 11th, 2016, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by twilightblue28A
I thought I would respond to a private message and go to sleep. Logged in and was welcomed. Composed the message five times, each time differently. Difficult to write the same message five times identically. Tried to submit message,but after sending I was told I WAS NOT SIGNED IN. Again five times. I stopped. One of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing repeadedly and expecting the same results. Lost 2.5 hours of sleep.

DIEGO I AM TRYING TO RESPOND BUT CAN'T!!
When it tell you you're not signed in, doesn't it bring you to the login screen to type in your username and password. If you type them in and log in again, it'll send you message. The forum probably times out in the time you spent typing the message, it's pretty common.

On another note, it seems like it was a pretty detailed and thorough reply. What I've gotten in the habit of doing it selecting the entire message right before I send it, and copying it (Control + C), that was there's a copy of it just in case it doesn't send. Control + A will automatically select the entire active window. Or you can type the message elsewhere, like in Microsoft Word, etc and copy and paste it into the forum message and send it. That was the forum won't time out.

It's probably a little overkill, but I've been burned a couple of times.
Old February 11th, 2016, 05:06 AM
Administrator

Are you checking the remember me box when you signed in? If so you have a browser problem as Eric stated above. I can stay logged in for weeks on my laptop.
Old February 11th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Administrator

I deleted your duplicate thread, same subject as this one. Please check the suggestions above. In addition, go into your user cp, change the setting for saving a copy of your sent pm's to yes.
Old February 11th, 2016, 02:36 PM
344879M363895

Originally Posted by jpc647
When it tell you you're not signed in, doesn't it bring you to the login screen to type in your username and password. If you type them in and log in again, it'll send you message. The forum probably times out in the time you spent typing the message, it's pretty common.

On another note, it seems like it was a pretty detailed and thorough reply. What I've gotten in the habit of doing it selecting the entire message right before I send it, and copying it (Control + C), that was there's a copy of it just in case it doesn't send. Control + A will automatically select the entire active window. Or you can type the message elsewhere, like in Microsoft Word, etc and copy and paste it into the forum message and send it. That was the forum won't time out.

It's probably a little overkill, but I've been burned a couple of times.
Funny, I didn't even read this response, but wrote a similar response myself today. As they say...great minds think alike.

My other suggestion: https://www.google.com/chrome/browse...top/index.html