Intakes

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2015, 05:39 AM

Intakes

For racing apps for the guy who is trying to build his racing engine this hobby lacks a common choice.I don't even know if a test could be done with different intakes because there is so many variables.Instead of saying common choice maybe i should have said a ranking on a scale.Here is what i have on hands.For my 455 engines. These are not on any motors yet.
E Brock performer
E Brock torker
Pro comp air gap{ new}
Offenhauser dual quad
Offenhauser duel quad tunnel ram
E Brock Victor

Last edited by wr1970; July 23rd, 2015 at 05:47 AM.
Old July 30th, 2015, 08:21 PM

All you are missing is a Performer RPM.
Old July 31st, 2015, 06:54 AM

intakes

You are missing the Offy Super Sonic & Port-O-Sonic. Both are excellent and vary only in carb flange.
Old July 31st, 2015, 07:15 AM

I am not missing any intakes! I just haven't made any deals to buy those or trade for them.I haven't ranked which are best nor do i intend to.LOL I do have one other intake that is not for sale as Mr Brian Trick furnished this part to me.I would post a picture of it here but i don't know how.On a side note Brian is a asset to this hobby and great guy period.He is a expert rear end guy with lots of knowledge.
Old July 31st, 2015, 07:22 AM
Old(s) Fart

If you are serious about the Offy single plane dual quad intake, you should include the long-out-of-production Ebrock dual plane dual quad.
Old August 11th, 2015, 06:21 AM

For those who want to know Milan did a test on one of his engines back to back test on a dyno.The Torker was very close to the victor. So All the naysayers on ebrock torkers better take a back seat.The engine used was not a total mild build.It was a pump gas engine. I wish Milan would post the dyno sheets here.
Old August 11th, 2015, 06:32 AM
Out of Line, Everytime😉

Cutlassefi is doing a test soon on the dyno. He also missed the Street Dominator, Mark is including that one. I know the Mopar guys on dyno tests have proven their version can hang with anything out there. I imagine finding a BBO version is harder than a SBO version. Curious to see how our version does. Even better, do a SBO intake shoot out, never seen numbers on how much better the RPM is over everything else.
Old August 11th, 2015, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by olds 307 and 403
Cutlassefi is doing a test soon on the dyno. He also missed the Street Dominator, Mark is including that one. I know the Mopar guys on dyno tests have proven their version can hang with anything out there. I imagine finding a BBO version is harder than a SBO version. Curious to see how our version does. Even better, do a SBO intake shoot out, never seen numbers on how much better the RPM is over everything else.
I am not going to hold my breath that Mark will use a torker to compare. He has preconceived notions that it isn't as good hsd intake.
Old August 11th, 2015, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by wr1970
He has preconceived notions that it isn't as good hsd intake.
I don't, my head porter does. I'm going to do what we have at hand and what makes the most sense. If you want to contribute to dyno time go right ahead, I'll try to test whatever.
And please remember, it's not my motor, it's my customers'. He's being gracious enough to allow us to beat this thing up that much more.
Old August 11th, 2015, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassefi
I don't, my head porter does. I'm going to do what we have at hand and what makes the most sense. If you want to contribute to dyno time go right ahead, I'll try to test whatever.
And please remember, it's not my motor, it's my customers'. He's being gracious enough to allow us to beat this thing up that much more.
Mark i am not going to argue with a guy who claimed before he would do a test and never did. That is why i say you have a preconceived notion.I have no dog in this. I know with no doubt what worked for me.Milan showed me the proof.I run torker intake because a guy told me the best bang for my buck if i am above a mild engine build is a torker.It isn't my motor and i agree the customer use what he says. Pay you to use a torker for dyno time please i don't need to prove nothing as i said i run a torker on my motors and isn't a mild engine. This thread was about intakes that i own and i am not rating them they are not on any motors because these are extra intakes.I have run the victor on all of the motors i have don't have the parts in them with compression to support the use of a victor.How do i know!!TRACK dyno the only real proof.I wasn't calling you out Mark i was going by what you said.

Last edited by wr1970; August 11th, 2015 at 02:23 PM.