66 starfire parts/ links.

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2014, 07:29 PM

66 starfire parts/ links.

Hi, just recently bought a 1966 starfire and have been searching for new parts for over a week now, I can't find much, body, suspension and interior wise.....
anyone here have any leads they could kick me?
Old October 26th, 2014, 07:36 PM

About the only things available for that car are mechanical parts and weatherstrips and rubber parts. There are no trim, sheetmetal, or chrome parts available new. You may want to list what you need exactly. Some parts from the 88's and 98's interchange with the sfire.
Old October 26th, 2014, 07:58 PM

Thanks
basically as it stands my list consists of needing, passenger side fender and door, Engine rebuilt/modded, font and rear bumpers, trim between tail lights, lower quarters/driverside fore and aft wheel well passside/ aft wheel well, new dash pad or repaired, seat covers, or repair the seats that are there (possible Amish jobby) really wanting to upgrade the suspension Tubular A arms coilovers ect. I'll try to get more pics of the old gal up tomorrow if I get time.
Old October 27th, 2014, 05:42 AM

List your locarion as what you are looking for are large items that would be better to find close to your location. Bumpers should be redone as that is way easier than finding nice ones. The seats will need to be done from scratch, there are no repro covers for them. To redo a dash is very expensive but nice ones are very hard to find. A 65 full size Olds uses the same dash pad. Patch panels may have to be fabricated out of sheet metal, nothing is available except cuts from solider cars. Engine parts are no problem. Stock suspension parts are fine and available and I dont know what aftermarket stuff would be available. I suggest leaving suspension stock.
Old October 29th, 2014, 03:53 PM

66 Starfire parts

Have a lot of 66 Starfire parts. Good right door, excellent bare frame, lots of trim, etc. Let me know what you need. I had my dashpad recovered for about $300, not happy with results but they are going to redo / repair it.

overthehill
Old October 29th, 2014, 05:28 PM

maniac, thanks foe the good advice, I'm in the rust belt, central Wisconsin.

hill, I'm very interested in your door, as well as, if you have, the trim peace between the tail lights under the trunk lid.

Thanks.
Old October 29th, 2014, 06:02 PM

I have some parts but the condition may be the same as yours. Fenders, piece between tailights, maybe a grill, some quarter moldings and piece above rear window.
Old October 30th, 2014, 08:28 AM

66 Starfire

I will check on the condition of the rear trim piece, the door is out of Arizona and in good condition. Will let you know later today. The only difficult engine part is the camshaft because of the odd cam bank angle on the starfire 425 engine, had to have one ground.
Old October 30th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Administrator

I moved your post to the parts wanted section, good luck.
Old October 31st, 2014, 04:42 AM

66 Starfire

Why did you move this post?
Old October 31st, 2014, 07:07 AM

He did that to benefit you. You are looking for parts and if the forum is used as it is laid out you will find that people will go to the parts wanted section if they have parts and wala you may have a connection for someone who has what you need.

welcome to the site, I hope you gain from all of us who have played Oldsmobile for years. There is an amazing amount of information, knowledge and lots of us have made the mistakes so you don't have to.

Enjoy the site.
Larry