Warning when looking for used parts

Search this Thread

Old September 10th, 2014, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
I think it is obvious there is a a parts dealer who should be avoided, members have revealed their stories of their dealings with him and that is good. We need to avoid personal comments and degradations, they accomplish nothing. Thanks.

Hey Dan

Maybe we can Start a feedback section here. Or something else to show good and bad vendors. Kind like what ROP has.
Old September 10th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Past Administrator

We talked about something like that one time but decided not to for a few reasons. One was that we have quite a few forums and sub-forums already, another was that we realize feedback is good but did not want a forum to become a place where people were insulting, trashing, and flaming others. As you can see, this thread has kind of turned into that here. It is hard to remain objective in situations like this, but it is imperative we do, otherwise we allow our site to become something it is not. I think we have a pretty good reputation for being a place where people can go to get Oldsmobile related information, stories, camaraderie and friendship without the fear of being flamed. In other words, we have a nice place here.

I think it is important to warn others of bad experiences with vendors, dealers, and just plain con-men. We can do it within the classified section by making a thread that does so. People will see it and know, we have down our part to protect each other and continue the hobby we all enjoy.
Old September 10th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Beer Connoisseur

Originally Posted by f-85
Hey Dan

Maybe we can Start a feedback section here. Or something else to show good and bad vendors. Kind like what ROP has.
I think that's a great idea, whether good or bad feedback people should know.
Old September 10th, 2014, 07:09 AM

Only problem with that Dan, is it will get lost down the line. If its 10-20 pages back in the for sale section it gets lost. unless someone keeps bringing it back to the top.

Make a sticky for the feedback section that says no discussions, only positive or negative feedback from sellers or buyers only.
Old September 10th, 2014, 07:20 AM

I was tempted last year from this guy with what looked to be a nice condition 1964 88 series rear bumper. I am SO glad I took the extra five minutes to look this @$$hole up here and other places before I lost money on it. BTW Josh nice going giving this muppet a taste of his own medicine.
Old September 10th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I think the thing that lures victims in is his web page shows parts in pristine condition. I considered buying from him before I knew about his rep, but his pricing persuaded me otherwise.
Old September 10th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Make a sticky for the feedback section that says no discussions, only positive or negative feedback from sellers or buyers only.
wow that was fast. While I was typing my last post this thread got converted to a sticky. Thank you mods for the quick reaction and understanding!
Old September 10th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Past Administrator

Only problem with that Dan, is it will get lost down the line. If its 10-20 pages back in the for sale section it gets lost. unless someone keeps bringing it back to the top.

That is an option, thanks for the idea.
Old September 10th, 2014, 08:03 AM

No problem Dan
Old September 12th, 2014, 06:47 AM
Past Administrator

An update for any wondering about the idea of a Feedback section. We have been working on it and may soon initiate something, maybe a new sub-forum in the classified forum. There will be some guidelines and it will be moderated well.
Old September 12th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Site Admin & Motorhead

All set up. Check out the new forum, and the Sticky rules thread therein. https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...tml#post743506

Thanks,
Paul
Old September 12th, 2014, 09:14 AM

Thanks guys i like it. Why did this give a thumb down when i posted?

Last edited by wr1970; September 12th, 2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old September 13th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Thanks, Paul, let's see how this works.

Naturally, CO being the board that it is, all of the reviews posted so far have been positive.

- Eric
Old October 24th, 2014, 10:08 AM

Here's my correspondence with http://www.billionsandtrillionsinc.com.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Snap 2014-10-24 at 10.05.14.jpg (37.8 KB, 246 views)
Old October 24th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by patmac
Here's my correspondence with http://www.billionsandtrillionsinc.com.
Wow, that's nasty. Should post it as a review (see Pauls link).
Old April 22nd, 2015, 01:15 PM

billion trillion

Originally Posted by csp654
On October 17th of this year I ordered a pair of taillight bezels for my 1974 Oldsmobile, Omega from a company called Billions & Trillions Inc. located at 7758 East 106th Street, in Tulsa, OK. 74133.

The male person I spoke to told me he had a pair and they were "perfect" When I asked if he was sure of their condition, he said "yes, I'm looking right at them". After agreeing on a price of $325. he said "they will ship tomorrow" After waiting over two weeks I called to find out what their status is. Nobody answered the 918-291-1966 phone number, so I left my phone number, along with a detailed message about my concern. I waited another two days for a return call, but none came. For the next two days, ( Oct. 31st and Nov. 1st ) I again left messages. On Sunday Nov. 3rd. I could only leave a message, but in the message I stated I would be contacting my credit union to request a credit of the $325. charge which the company initiated the very same day I called.

I guess at this point he realized I wasn't going to go away, because he called me and gave some excuses. All trust I had, was by this time gone. I told him to cancel the order and return my money. He then said the order had already gone out and it was too late. It was then that I asked what the tracking number was so I could verify it. He told me he didn't have it. I insisted. He said a girl will call me later with the number. A few hours later a girl did call with a so-called tracking number from UPS. I checked with UPS and the number was invalid. She also told me the package had been picked up at 7am that day. Well that is not how UPS operates. Typically UPS delivers in the morning and picks up in the afternoon. They try to leave their facility at 8:50 am to begin their deliveries, not 7am. At this point I knew their word was not to be trusted.

On Tuesday November 12th, at 10:45 am I received the package. The tracking number is 1Z 67W 4A3 42 4155 7362. Upon opening the package my suspicions were confirmed. I had been grossly lied to as to it's so-called "perfect" condition. They were in horrible condition with pits and rust. The photos I took will bear this out. The next thing I did was check the tracking number on UPS website. What I found was exactly what I suspected, and that is the package had not gone out on the 4th of November when I told the man I wanted to cancel, they went out November 5th, the next day. If someone wants to check, they merely have to check themselves using the same tracking number above.

I immediately called the Billions & Trillions company spoke to the same man and complained about his fraudulent representation regarding the condition of the bezels and his fraudulent statements that they had already been picked up by UPS, as well as he not honoring my request to cancel the order. His response was "well you own them now, too bad".

If you're thinking of dealing with Billions & Trillions Inc. I would advise you to think twice, lest this happens to you. Always insist on a C.O.D. payment only and inspection. If I had, this bum would not have agreed knowing he intended to ship me a piece of garbage and I would not be out $325.

Please pass this information on to others in the car hobby so they also may be forewarned.

Lets all stick together and raise our voices against fraudulent operators who are willing to scam people out of their hard earned money.

CSP654
I also delt with Frank there and he does take money first and then story's about why he did not ship item out right away. Took three weeks to get item after it had either went to Tennessee first or he did not really have part and had to find them first to get them shipped. The only up side was that the trim pieces were in nice condition. Price reflected condition though. EXPENSIVE. Upon many phone conversations to others his name comes with high prices. Beware

Last edited by olds$$6565; April 22nd, 2015 at 01:18 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2015, 03:06 PM

I couldn't help my self, sorta like watching a train wreck. I saw that he had a set of NOS 1963 olds 98 tail light lenses in the original boxes. The numbers on the boxes checked out so I e-mailed him and sure enough he called me and said they were 375.00 for the pair plus shipping and handling. I told him I would get back to him and he dropped the price to 350.00 today only. I said I would get back to him. I then received an E-mail saying he enjoyed talking with me and if I wanted the lenses they were good used for 175 each.
I passed but I just had to know for myself.
Steve
Old April 23rd, 2015, 09:13 PM

Frank found my ad for GTO parts

He gave me a call last week and offered to buy several 68 69 GTO endura bumpers from me....
providing I send him some pictures... no problem I thought..
along with several other items........
told me he would send me cash !! ??

what ??

we are talkin a couple grand ??? WTF ?

told him I have paypal ... he said he doesnt like using it ..

hmmmmmmmm

it would sure seem to me I would be takingthis guys's money ..that came from you hard workin gents

looks like I am passin' on this guy for sure ...

thanks for the head up

great forum ... sorry for y'alls bad misfortune from a bait n switcher it seems

Scott

Last edited by 72455442RA; June 18th, 2015 at 12:07 AM.
Old May 7th, 2015, 01:17 PM

Billions and Trillions (of unhappy customers)

Originally Posted by cdrod
Yeah, I talked to this bozo last year about a rear quarter panel. He had one picture of the outside posted on his web site, so I requested some additional pics of the backside and trunk drop off area. He said he was too busy to take more photos, to which I said I couldn't buy parts sight-unseen. He then hung-up on me! Such a classy guy! Post your experience in an on-line review so others can avoid this scammer!
I need a front turn signal lens for my 1966 Starfire. He has one; said he wanted "one-twenty-five. My brain said, Really? A dollar-twenty-five? And apparently so did my mouth. He hung up on me. I called back to apologize for insulting him but that I couldn't believe that that lens was $125. He said he is the only person that has one so I guess he can charge what he wants.
Old June 17th, 2015, 10:49 PM

Scumbag's Address

Originally Posted by csp654
PS: I've got $100. in my pocket for anyone who will provide his home address. A home phone number will be nice as well.
Just for grins and giggles, here is the scumbag's home address:

7758 E 106TH ST S
TULSA, OK 74133

Here's a link to his home info:

http://www.assessor.tulsacounty.org/...70100832601010

I don't want your $100, just thought I'd help out when I came across your post !
Old November 13th, 2015, 06:23 PM

Wish I had read about this guy before I had dealings with him. I needed (wanted) back up lights for my 55 Olds and a search of the internet came up with a very nice NOS looking pair for $450. A bit steep and after contacting Frank D. he assured me these were as nice as those represented in the online pictures. I agreed to purchase them and he shipped rather quickly but when they arrived they were new bezels and glass but the housings had mounting studs that were broken and they were spray painted black and not even close to the condition I was promised. I did get the price lowered before ordering to $325 but that didn't make me any happier. He got the money via a debit transaction so no recourse to get the money back. Today I was looking for a set of 55 Olds eyebrows and he has a really nice set on the web. I've asked him no less than 3 times for pictures of the set I will receive and the price. All he says is call and lets get them ordered. Glad I came across this thread. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM A COMPANY CALLED "BILLIONS AND TRILLIONS" because they sell crap. You should also stay away from this company.
Old November 13th, 2015, 06:44 PM

For the most part, I only purchase parts on eBay, where I know that if it doesn't match the description, I will get my money back through PayPal. I also only pay using my credit card with PayPal, so I have double the protection. Too many thieves in the old car hobby today.
Old November 13th, 2015, 08:27 PM

Frank De'chiseler is the lowest scum on earth I've ever dealt with. He is a lying, cheating, scammer, with absolutely ZERO conscience or morals. 4 pages here, 1 person said something good about him, somebody with 1 post. That person NEVER EVER posted here again. I'm willing to bet HUGE $ that person who went to bat for this idiot scumbag is De'chiseler himself. Forget about the pics or his lying, it's classic bait + switch.
Old November 14th, 2015, 09:02 AM

de'chiseler

[QUOTE=mrolds69;872726]Frank De'chiseler is the lowest scum on earth I've ever dealt with. He is a lying, cheating, scammer, with absolutely ZERO conscience or morals.
how do you really feel ?
Old November 14th, 2015, 09:44 AM

Actually Jim...I feel pretty good! That guy gets on my nerves.
Old March 24th, 2017, 08:13 AM

Updating this thread. I have a '68 Buick tail light assembly on ebay & a bidder contacted me & wanted to buy just the lens without the housing. I did not know it was him(Frank) & contacted him & arranged the deal. I spoke with his secretary? yesterday & arranged a paypal payment. I checked paypal today & see the payment is from Billions & Trillions. So I'm torn as what to do, should I use his tactics & delay the shipping & maybe send him the lens in pieces & then be a jerk about it. Or should I just refund the payment?
Old March 24th, 2017, 08:20 AM

Your reputation is worth much more than lowering to his level. You have been a straight shooter for everything I've purchased from you. Thanks Scott!
Old March 24th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Olds Fever

I know the saying is that a leopard doesn't change it's spots, but this is 2017 and it appears the issues discussed in this thread were in 2015... IMO, worry more about your reputation then his... If you feel confident you have been paid and the transaction should finalize without any issues, maintain your own personal integrity and complete the sale...
Old March 24th, 2017, 08:39 AM

I've dealt with him and would never trust him again. He might complain to paypal about the quality of the lense, try to get his money back and never return the part. I would just refund his money.
Old March 24th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Yes, you can usually cancel an eBay sale, no harm, no foul.

I would do that if possible, which would save you from any potential complications of dealing with him.

- Eric
Old March 24th, 2017, 09:24 AM

The jerk inside me, which I really try to keep at bay, wants to mess with him hard to try to get back at him for all the guys he's screwed over but I think I'll just refund his money & be done with him. I appreciate the input.
Old March 24th, 2017, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by oldspackrat
The jerk inside me, which I really try to keep at bay, wants to mess with him hard to try to get back at him for all the guys he's screwed over but I think I'll just refund his money & be done with him. I appreciate the input.

Just make sure you aren't going to be penalized for it. From ebay.

Or, if you do sell it to him, find some distinquishing mark on the part, and make sure you photograph it. a lot.

and if he tried to claim it's broken, ask for photo's and make sure that area is captured in the photo. When it's a different part, explain it to paypal that hes a scammer.
Old March 24th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Rodney

Cancel the order

I wouldn't sell to him. Vic6T4 has a very good point, given his past record, he could contest the sale with ebay and hold up your funds. It's no big deal to cancel an order. I had something listed on eBay for over a year, by the time it sold I had thrown the item away forgetting about the eBay listing. I had to issue a refund to the buyer.

Just tell him the item is no longer available and issue a refund thru eBay. You can also block him as a buyer from your future auctions if you relist the item on eBay. You'd be better off selling to someone on CO anyway!
I wouldn't trust him!! Just saying.
Rodney

Last edited by cdrod; March 24th, 2017 at 12:33 PM. Reason: typos
Old March 24th, 2017, 04:38 PM

He sent me money directly through paypal so no ebay dispute to worry about. I refunded his money & in the note section I told him that I had read MANY people talking about how he had ripped them off & that I could not do business with him. I also blocked him as a bidder on ebay.
Old March 24th, 2017, 04:51 PM
MOTORHEAD

Originally Posted by oldspackrat
Updating this thread. I have a '68 Buick tail light assembly on ebay & a bidder contacted me & wanted to buy just the lens without the housing. I did not know it was him(Frank) & contacted him & arranged the deal. I spoke with his secretary? yesterday & arranged a paypal payment. I checked paypal today & see the payment is from Billions & Trillions. So I'm torn as what to do, should I use his tactics & delay the shipping & maybe send him the lens in pieces & then be a jerk about it. Or should I just refund the payment?

regain your compsure
he is turd

ship him some sh eye t
Old March 24th, 2017, 06:41 PM

you did right,you have to ive with yourself not him. let him wear the *** ears
Old March 25th, 2017, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by cdrod
I wouldn't sell to him. Vic6T4 has a very good point, given his past record, he could contest the sale with ebay and hold up your funds. It's no big deal to cancel an order. I had something listed on eBay for over a year, by the time it sold I had thrown the item away forgetting about the eBay listing. I had to issue a refund to the buyer.

Just tell him the item is no longer available and issue a refund thru eBay. You can also block him as a buyer from your future auctions if you relist the item on eBay. You'd be better off selling to someone on CO anyway!
I wouldn't trust him!! Just saying.
Rodney
And then re list them for twice as much, if Frank can sell em for that much so can you!
Old March 25th, 2017, 05:16 AM
Rodney

Dodged doggy-doo

Just the fact that he paid you outside of the eBay site seem fishy to me. You just dodged a big pile doggy-doo with this man by refunding the money!
Old March 25th, 2017, 05:28 AM

If he paid you outside of eBay and you had nothing to do with that report it to eBay if doing that is against the eBay rules. Just make sure it doesn't or can't later hurt you in any way. Since he paid through PayPal he could dispute the deal and they would give his money back leaving you trying to get your part back.
Old August 11th, 2017, 05:26 AM

As a seller on ebay, I recently sold a part to a guy in Italy. He complained that the part was the wrong color, and wanted his money back. He filed the complaint through Paypal. I contested it and won. The part was exactly what I advertised. I was extremely specific as to what the part fit, and what years. It took about a week to get it sorted out.
I have also has an issue with someone in Europe, who said the parts were broken. They had a couple of small chips on them. When the parts were sold, they were sold as serviceable. They wanted me to give the price back, and not the shipping. I will not allow anyone to keep the part for any reason for free if it is a good part. When I got the parts back, they were packaged poorly, really were broken, and no longer serviceable.
That said, most of my customers are really good about everything, but there are a few bad apples in every barrel.
I seldom buy parts from on line sellers, and prefer to collect my own in person. I will keep this individual in mind, if I ever need an obscure part, and steer clear of him by a country mile. I will not knowingly sell to him either.

Quick Reply: Warning when looking for used parts