1992 Custom Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2017, 10:39 AM

1992 Custom Cruiser

I don't know if anyone ever looks at "Parts - Wanted" or not, so posting here. Lower front door fascia's on front driver/passenger side is shot, REALLY NEED new/olds ones, along with MOUNTING THINGIES!!!! Any suggestions very much appreciated.
Aron
Old January 20th, 2017, 10:44 AM

Any pics? I'm not sure what part your talking about. Have you checked the Chevy Caprice or Buick Roadmaster wagons for this part? You might also look at 91-96 Chevy Caprices.

I'll go ahead and move this to Parts Wanted.
Old January 20th, 2017, 05:52 PM

If you are referring to the cladding on the bottom of the exterior, I may have both pieces. You can install new pins by heating the metal strip and pulling up on it until the heat bent pins straighten out somewhat. The you can flatten the pins with heat and pliers, then insert new pins, and reinstall the metal strip with heat. Be careful, the difference in temperature between solid, and liquid is about 10 degrees.

Let me see pictures, and I can tell you if I have the parts.

Last edited by Fred Kiehl; January 20th, 2017 at 06:06 PM.
Old January 21st, 2017, 07:25 AM

Fred: Gonna' try and take pics with new IPhone shortly, and see if I can figure out how to post on here from the phone. Still a lot of "Greek" to me. May have to just text with pic. Would you provide a phone number if that's the only way I can do it? I'm talking about the extremely loonng piece that runs along the bottom of the front door, 5' by 20" (approximate) along with the piece at the very back of the front fender - maybe 8" X 20". Need driver's/passenger side of all, along WITH ALL THE DOO-DADS THAT HOLD THE ASSEMBLIES ON TO THE DOOR. Will check back on the CO site later today to see if I can post the pics, or let you know I can't, and look for your phone number. THANKS FOR RESPONDING! Love your LongRoof, really nice looking. The greatest of road cars.
Aron
Old January 21st, 2017, 09:25 AM

Hope this works...............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0040.JPG (3.99 MB, 16 views)
Old January 21st, 2017, 08:11 PM

I now know what you need. I know I have the driver's side front door. I will check on the passenger's side. I have some front fender pieces too, but an not sure if they are 92s. The 91 and 92 cladding is different, and not compatible with the other year. The 92s are the corrected design.

Make sure all of the little plastic grommets are in the door along the top of the trim. There is a metal strip along the bottom that the cladding is attached to. It must be there as well. I may or may not have the metal strips. If I do not, I may be able to get them. If any of the grommets are missing, you will have to find some. There were a few on ebay recently, but those are all that are left in the world (PN 467653). Suitable push pins are available at your local parts store (I do not have a part number for you).

The parts do not have all of the push pins in them, so you will probably need to work on them as I stated above. I can also check my sources for any of the cladding parts that I may be missing.