Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

FS: Parts for early Hydramatic transmissions (single/dual-range)

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2015, 03:08 PM

FS: Parts for early Hydramatic transmissions (single/dual-range)

Selling off the last of my parts stash for the early Hydramatic (single-range, dual-range) transmissions, in various makes. There's stock parts and modded parts. This is what's left:

A) Smaller diameter 18-bolt torus bowls, required for bolting Hydramatic tranny to Chevy flywheel. Has rust, needs cleaning (I'd suggest a molasses dip). Have 2 left, $40/ea (I sold several at this price, and now have a couple left that I recently discovered here)

B) Small-diameter 10-1/2” torus, for higher stall speeds. The 10-1/2” were used in Chevy trucks and some GMC's, but can be used with any of the dual-range hydro's as far as I know (Pont/Cad/Olds/etc. For , BUT higher performance use). Note: if you are using a Chevy V8 flywheel, then you MUST have the above-mentioned 18-bolt torus bowl, and if you are using that bowl, then you MUST use the small 10-1/2” diameter torus as the larger toruses from other models do not fit inside the smaller 18-bolt torus bowl. HOWEVER, this smaller torus will fit inside the larger Olds/Pont/Cad/etc. Torus bowls with ease. Only have one ½ of a 10-1/2” diameter torus left. Also rusty, needs cleaning (I'd suggest a molasses dip). I've sold many 10-1/2” torus sets at $75/pr, but will offer this last 1/2 torus at just $25

E) Modified bottom pans for FLAT-pan trannies. These were from the collection of a guy who built all his own racing trannies. These pans have a large detatchable debris magnet inside them (held in with a big screw), and they also have some threaded fitting bungs in the side (quite possibly for an external cooler or maybe filter). Were painted, been sitting, but look like very minor cleanup work is all they'd really need. $35/ea (have 2 left)

I) Four modified valve bodies. Probably manual shift stuff, but I have no way of knowing as I have nothing to install them in and try them out. I can tell you that I did purchase each of these valve bodies as being manual-shift, and that each of these has an external fluid line installed. Three of these valve bodies are mostly clean, though been sitting a long time. The fourth one had gotten wet and has some corrosion on the aluminum part, but still looks like it could be dealt with. Take all 4 modded valve bodies and have happy hot-rod experimenting, $80 takes all 4 together

Add mailing costs from California.
May consider mailing smaller stuff to Canada via Flat Rate Priority Mail, but otherwise no other international sales please (Post Office rates always kill the deal and waste everyone's time...). Generally looking for buyers within the USA for this reason only.
If you see something you want, then please hit me up directly at blown394olds@yahoo.com

Last edited by Blownolds; September 8th, 2015 at 11:52 AM.
Old September 8th, 2015, 11:52 AM

Bump