Looking for 1970 W-31 intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2014, 09:16 PM

Looking for 1970 W-31 intake manifold

I am new to the site and new to classic Olds as well. I have a matching number 1970 Cutlass W-31. Just finished a complete restoration. Only part I need that is not easy to get is this manifold. It has to be the aluminium manifold with the W-350 casting. If anyone has one in good shape I would be VERY interested. Please PM me and I'll get back to you asap. Also if anyone can tell me the value of one in good shape that would also be helpful since my father has supposedly found one from an Olds collector he knows. Last, the vehicle is for sale if anyone knows a potential buyer I can give more details. Thank you very much.
Old November 23rd, 2014, 10:25 PM
wait.... what....

I sold an NOS one a couple years ago for $1000.
Old November 24th, 2014, 07:21 AM

Fyi

Olds 3442 has one.

He told me it is in good shape & is asking $850 US plus shipping. Date code 8-28-69.
Old November 24th, 2014, 07:59 AM

Is the W-31 a stick or automatic, and how much are you asking for it?

I tried send a PM and Email, but kept receiving a messages stating to wait 3-minutes before sending another email and 60-seconds before a message.

Anthony
alombardy@msn.com
Old November 24th, 2014, 11:21 AM

sent pm
Old November 25th, 2014, 02:46 AM

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Olds3442 I sent you an email to the address you listed. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Here is the link to details and pictures of the car:

http://www.apexautomotivellc.com/197...8/Details.aspx

Once the car is completely finished it's going to Mecum Auto Auction in January. Hopefully somebody will purchase it before I register it since the fee's are so high. If you look at the pictures you can see we spent a lot of time and detail with this car once we realized how special it was. Most restorations we do don't get this kind of attention. It's a one repaint car and all the body panels are original minus the trunk lid. I haven't driven the car much but it seems very fast for the year and I've driven MANY fast cars such as a supercharged C6 Z06's so I know what a fast car feels like. Anyway, of all the builds we have done I must admit this is a very nice, unique car. If it doesn't sell I'm OK with keeping it for a while to bring to car shows and Sunday drives etc....
Old November 25th, 2014, 08:04 AM

Fyi

Originally Posted by apexautomotive
Thanks to everyone for your help.

Olds3442 I sent you an email to the address you listed. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Here is the link to details and pictures of the car:

http://www.apexautomotivellc.com/197...8/Details.aspx

Once the car is completely finished it's going to Mecum Auto Auction in January. Hopefully somebody will purchase it before I register it since the fee's are so high. If you look at the pictures you can see we spent a lot of time and detail with this car once we realized how special it was. Most restorations we do don't get this kind of attention. It's a one repaint car and all the body panels are original minus the trunk lid. I haven't driven the car much but it seems very fast for the year and I've driven MANY fast cars such as a supercharged C6 Z06's so I know what a fast car feels like. Anyway, of all the builds we have done I must admit this is a very nice, unique car. If it doesn't sell I'm OK with keeping it for a while to bring to car shows and Sunday drives etc....

You are already trying to sell it. It has been on eBay all week & ends later today. Next time don't list it as a Cutlass Supreme.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oldsmobile-C...US_Cars_Trucks

Would you like us to help you with all the things that are incorrect with the car or are you going to sell it as is? Not trying to be a dick just giving you a chance to learn from the forum members.
Old November 25th, 2014, 09:23 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oldsmobile-C...US_Cars_Trucks

Engine pic from underneath-

WT...?

Why is your FUEL PUMP ON UPSIDE DOWN ??!!??

Some kind of Chivy Voodoo? That has to put the actuating arm in a real funny location inside. Did you cut the arm off and are using the pump for a junction block for an electric?

How does the line get to the carb, with 6 ft of rubber?

Last edited by Octania; November 25th, 2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old November 25th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Old School Olds

Uhh OOO...Here it comes...
Old November 25th, 2014, 10:14 AM
morgan

Lol!!!
Old November 26th, 2014, 06:12 AM

which makes one wonder what ELSE Cap'n Clever did to the car.

The silence is deafening.

Probably a good thing, so you don't hear the noise made by that fuel pump arm hitting the crank.
Old November 26th, 2014, 06:13 AM

[QUOTE=Octania;766717][URL]

Why is your FUEL PUMP ON UPSIDE DOWN ??!!??

Maybe he's using a diesel fuel pump; the arm on those extends down to the eccentric on the crank.
Old November 26th, 2014, 11:07 AM

I talked to him about intake and asked him about pump, he said the guy that installed it is a bodyman not a mech, of course it did not run and they changed it,he seems like a nice guy and admits he don't know a lot about olds, their first olds build, he did ask a ton of questions and said he is going to do more work to the car to make it little nicer and more correct. also my intake is sale pending