Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Free frame

Search this Thread

Old November 22nd, 2014, 03:59 PM

Free frame

I have a complete rolling frame for a 55 2-door hardtop that anyone can have if they want to pick it up. I live in NE Texas on IH30. Frame in good shape, except for the steering gear box, which has the shaft cut off.
Old November 22nd, 2014, 05:47 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Sorry, I don't want the frame, but I do have an unsolicited piece of advice:

About 15 years ago, a guy I know had an old Mercury frame from a parts car he had stripped sitting in his back yard. It had sat there a while, and it wasn't his wife's favorite thing to look at, so he mentioned to his neighbor one day that he'd like to sell it. The neighbor said he knew a guy who was restoring one of those and might be interested.

Sure enough, a week or two later, the neighbor's buddy showed up, money in hand. He gave him $50 or something (it wasn't a rare or valuable frame), and got the registration that went with the frame, and said he'd be back with a truck in a few days.

A few days came and went, then a few weeks, then a few months.

My friend asked his neighbor a few times if his friend was coming for the frame that he bought, but he never knew anything.

Finally, he realized - the guy didn't want the frame. He'd never wanted the frame.

He had taken the registration and registered the frame, then provided photos of another car to get insurance, then reported the car stolen and collected.

So, what do you do with a hot frame that you can't get rid of? SAWZALL.
Got rid of it in little pieces, but, lesson learned.

If someone wants that frame, make sure that he actually takes it, then and there.

Sorry for the rant.

- Eric